Question Cpu is not giving signal to monitor

Dec 8, 2019
Hey,

I am trying to connect my monitor to my cpu so I can use it instead of my gpu. I get no signal when I plug it in.

Any ideas?

Jun 10, 2019
You get signal to your monitor when plugged in to your GPU?

If so, load your bios while plugged into the GPU. Find Onboard Graphics. You need to enable this. (Set to either on or Auto). Save and restart. Then shut down, switch from GPU to onboard, turn on computer. Lmk what happens.

Dec 8, 2019
You get signal to your monitor when plugged in to your GPU?

If so, load your bios while plugged into the GPU. Find Onboard Graphics. You need to enable this. (Set to either on or Auto). Save and restart. Then shut down, switch from GPU to onboard, turn on computer. Lmk what happens.
Yes, I do get a signal to my monitor when plugged into my GPU.

While in my BIOS, I could not find the onboard graphics section.

This is a picture of all my options in the 'advanced' part of my BIOS.
https://prnt.sc/qtaykq

This is a picture of all my options in the 'advanced < graphics configuration' part of my BIOS.
https://prnt.sc/qtayya

If you could help me find it, that would be great.

Dec 8, 2019
From what I can determine, your system does not have integrated graphics. could you post a photo of the back of your PC case with a cable connected to video cable your are using.
Yes, my system does have integrated graphics. It is one of the i7’s that does have it. The video cable that I use is a HDMI cable.

Yes, I saw that, but I could not find any integrated graphics listed in the specs for your PC, nor could I find any Intel grahics drivers available for your PC . Regardless, you should check your Device Manager and see that what devices/ drivers are loaded under Display Adapters.

Okay, my bad, I found the Intel driver; again check the device manager that the Intel driver has been installed. As mentioned above, sometimes it's necessary to remove the discrete card to utilize the integrated graphics; I would also try another another cable if the first one fails.

Dec 8, 2019
I'm just checking that you have your HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard connection and not the GPU when trying to use onboard graphics.
Sometimes it's easy to forget.

Andy
I do have the HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard, not to the GPU. Also, my GPU still works, it's just that my motherboard onboard graphics doesn't work.

Dec 8, 2019
Okay, my bad, I found the Intel driver; again check the device manager that the Intel driver has been installed. As mentioned above, sometimes it's necessary to remove the discrete card to utilize the integrated graphics; I would also try another another cable if the first one fails.
The intel driver has been installed. Here you can see my processors in my device manager. - https://prnt.sc/qtsa43 (Also, I don't know why there are so many.)

Also, I don't know if you need this but hear is my display adapters. It only shows nvidea but I guess that's the only thing that does show. - https://prnt.sc/qtsagh

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh ok, didn't realise this was a pre-built machine by Asus. Your other screenshot included the info indicating model so didn't need cpuz, so thanks anyway. Manual for GL12CP does mention when using multiple monitors, must use the graphics card. This means igpu is disabled automatically and can't be enabled when a gpu is installed.

When using multiple monitors, only one monitor has display.
• Ensure that the both monitors are powered on.
• During POST, only the monitor connected to the VGA port has display. The dual
display function works only under Windows.
When a graphics card is installed on your computer, ensure that you connect the
monitors to the output port on the graphics card.

• Check if the multiple displays settings are correct.

Manual

Dec 8, 2019
Oh ok, didn't realise this was a pre-built machine by Asus. Your other screenshot included the info indicating model so didn't need cpuz, so thanks anyway. Manual for GL12CP does mention when using multiple monitors, must use the graphics card. This means igpu is disabled automatically and can't be enabled when a gpu is installed.

When using multiple monitors, only one monitor has display.
• Ensure that the both monitors are powered on.
• During POST, only the monitor connected to the VGA port has display. The dual
display function works only under Windows.
When a graphics card is installed on your computer, ensure that you connect the
monitors to the output port on the graphics card.

• Check if the multiple displays settings are correct.

Manual
So I can not use dual monitor? One connected to the GPU, and one connected to the CPU.