CPU is overheating

OhHey

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
My cpu is running ridiculously hot on idle. Right now its running at about 85 degrees Celsius just sitting here typing this. I already reapplied thermal paste and checked to make sure my cooler is working. I have a aftermarket cooler (H80i) and I cant find out why it's running so damn hot.

- Specs -
CPU - Intel Xeon 1241-E3
GPU - EVGA 8GB DDR5 GTX 1070 FTW Edition
MB - Gigabyte Z97
RAM - 12 GB DDR3
PSU - Corsair CX750M
Hard Drive - WD Blue 1TB
SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Solution
Check the air blowing out of the radiator to see if it feels warm at all. Check the cooling hoses to feel how warm they are as well. If they feel cool, try listening to see if you can hear the pump humming. You can also try plugging the power lead for the pump into a different fan header. If that doesn't change anything, temps don't improve, the exhaust air is still cool and the hoses don't feel warm at all then yea, it's probably a dead pump. Somewhat common on aio coolers after a period of time.
Check the air blowing out of the radiator to see if it feels warm at all. Check the cooling hoses to feel how warm they are as well. If they feel cool, try listening to see if you can hear the pump humming. You can also try plugging the power lead for the pump into a different fan header. If that doesn't change anything, temps don't improve, the exhaust air is still cool and the hoses don't feel warm at all then yea, it's probably a dead pump. Somewhat common on aio coolers after a period of time.

Solution