[SOLVED] CPU is overheating

Jun 22, 2022
CPU: I9 10850k
MOBO: MSI Z490 Carbon Wifi
Cooler: MSI CoreLiquid 360R

Hello !

So for like a month or so my cpu started overheating, even rn while i'm writing this msg, my cpu stays at 84°C with just the google page opened. When i first assembled my pc like a year ago everything was fine, the cpu never went above 90°C in a stress test.

If u are asking, no, the pump is not dead, i can feel the vibration of the water going through the pipes and i also removed the fans and the pump is making noise. A thing that i dont rly understand is that my radiator's mid and lower side is cold (even without the fans) but near the place where the pipes enter into the radiator and arround the pipes, is hot. (one pipe is hot and the other one is warm).

I also tried changing and reapplying the thermal paste (i'm using Thermal Grizzly's Kryonaut rn) but i dont think the thermal paste was the issue, bcs the pipes leading from the cpu block to the radiator are so hot, so the heat is transferred from the cpu to the block.

I tried changing it's position and let it run for a bit (maybe just an air bubble) wich made it work for a while, but then started overheating again. I could hear some sounds coming from the pump while i was changing it's position.
If u guys have any option except buying a new AIO, i would love trying it.

Here are my HWMontior details: https://postimg.cc/XGNG9Ghr

Solution
Here we go with another one of these...
The cooler needs to go. The OEM, Apaltek, has a history of early clogging due to contaminated coolant. Some of the models I've noted that they've been behind are:
NZXT Kraken M22
Msi MAG and MPG Coreliquid [MEG is not affected. Those were done by Asetek.]
Enermax Liqtech
Fractal Design Lumen

A thing that i dont rly understand is that my radiator's mid and lower side is cold (even without the fans) but near the place where the pipes enter into the radiator and arround the pipes, is hot. (one pipe is hot and the other one is warm).
That is the opposite of what good liquid flow should display. It's most likely clogged.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The cooler needs to go. The OEM, Apaltek, has a history of early clogging due to contaminated coolant. Some of the models I've noted that they've been behind are:
NZXT Kraken M22
Enermax Liqtech
Fractal Design Lumen

A thing that i dont rly understand is that my radiator's mid and lower side is cold (even without the fans) but near the place where the pipes enter into the radiator and arround the pipes, is hot. (one pipe is hot and the other one is warm).
That is the opposite of what good liquid flow should display. It's most likely clogged.

Reactions: Hidra
Solution
Jun 22, 2022
NZXT Kraken M22
Enermax Liqtech
Fractal Design Lumen

Ok, so is nothing i can do or try to fix it, i should just change it. Do u have any recommendations on what should i choose to keep it cooled down ? I was thinking on the MEG one, bcs i heard a lot of good stuff about it, or the NZXT Kraken Z73.
If u have any ideas or any recommendations i would love to hear them. Thanks a lot.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing you can do, since they are by design, not user serviceable - well, the majority of them aren't. The earlier generations of AIOs had more serviceable units, but companies slowly moved away from that.
Alphacool is the only one I know of that have fully serviceable AIOs: the user can refill the unit, replace the pump... the loops are full copper, which eliminates the factor of corrosion. The cons are pricing and limited availability(worldwide).

You're not missing too much between AIOs.
-aesthetics
-whether you want to deal with mandatory software(NZXT CAM and Corsair iCUE), of which you will have a love/hate experience.
That's what most of them come down to. Performance is up in the air, due to almost no one actually running their fans at 100% - it'd be an EASY win for some models if that metric could be used. But most become too audible before they get that fast, and no 2 persons use the same fan curves.
A fan's performance below 100% isn't linear either. Some fans perform better/worse than others at a given rpm.

So you could go with whichever one you want, just avoid the ones I mentioned earlier.

Jun 22, 2022
Nothing you can do, since they are by design, not user serviceable - well, the majority of them aren't. The earlier generations of AIOs had more serviceable units, but companies slowly moved away from that.
Alphacool is the only one I know of that have fully serviceable AIOs: the user can refill the unit, replace the pump... the loops are full copper, which eliminates the factor of corrosion. The cons are pricing and limited availability(worldwide).

You're not missing too much between AIOs.
-aesthetics
-whether you want to deal with mandatory software(NZXT CAM and Corsair iCUE), of which you will have a love/hate experience.
That's what most of them come down to. Performance is up in the air, due to almost no one actually running their fans at 100% - it'd be an EASY win for some models if that metric could be used. But most become too audible before they get that fast, and no 2 persons use the same fan curves.
A fan's performance below 100% isn't linear either. Some fans perform better/worse than others at a given rpm.

So you could go with whichever one you want, just avoid the ones I mentioned earlier.
And another question if you do not mind... my CPU was at 100°C while i was testing multiple times and gaming without rly realising what is going on until thermal throttle kicked in (added together about 13 hours or so), could that affect it's lifespan ? I dont rly see any lose in performance so far.