Cpu is running but not booting

ttytbalboa

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
It started last week, firstly monitor was showing “please powerdown and connect pcie” but now everything is running like proccessor fan, gpu fan and everything but no booting just showing “hdmi:- inactive, input going for sleep

Gpu:- gtx 1070
Ram:- 20 gb(ddr4)
Proccessor:- i7 7700k
Motherboard:- msi h270m artic

Solution
its the gpu i would say iv seen many of people with the same issue you are having. load default bios and save take the cmos battery out for about 10mins. plug hdmi into mobo first then go to bios select your gpu as the first choice then post back if still having this issue

ttytbalboa

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Actually i had removed the gpu and connect hdmi cable to motherboard after that it was working but next day it had also showed same problem and not starting. So could it be the problem of motherboard? I mean should i change the motherboard or should i change psu?

ac13044

Honorable
Mar 25, 2016
its the gpu i would say iv seen many of people with the same issue you are having. load default bios and save take the cmos battery out for about 10mins. plug hdmi into mobo first then go to bios select your gpu as the first choice then post back if still having this issue

Solution