Question CPU is running hot! Any help?

May 22, 2023
I found out recently my CPU has been running around 91c in games, and that did not sit well with me. So I re-applied thermal paste (the heatsink is very firmly attached... or at least it should be), added more fans (with correct airflow configs) and I am about to receive new RAM and PSU (800W). Still reaching moderately high temps, around 85C on games. Why would this be happening?

PC Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QgL8nt

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

IMHO, I'd have looked into a 360AIO or a much beefier air cooler, not the Hyper 212. Can you still post images of the build to help us understand how the fans are setup and where they're setup in the case?

What are the ambient room air temps?

I am about to receive new RAM and PSU (800W)
Can you elaborate on this?

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

May 22, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

IMHO, I'd have looked into a 360AIO or a much beefier air cooler, not the Hyper 212. Can you still post images of the build to help us understand how the fans are setup and where they're setup in the case?

What are the ambient room air temps?

I am about to receive new RAM and PSU (800W)
Can you elaborate on this?

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?
Thank you!

Hmm... then I might consider a better air cooler, what are some air coolers you recommend? Or, what kind of coolers should I be looking into? Is AIO the best? I don't exactly want to do an AIO since I just bought a back fan... but I can return it if you think an AIO cooler would be most suitable. I will be sure to post pictures of the fan setup tomorrow.

Ambient room temps can be from 72-80 degrees Fahrenheit. But I have an AC in my room, so that cools it down significantly, though I haven't noticed a big difference in CPU temps even when the room is very cooled.

I mentioned the new RAM and PSU because I'm not sure if they will affect the CPU temps in any significant way, so just putting it out there just in case they do (Currently running a 500wat PSU and 32GB 2400MHz RAM).

BIOS is currently at the version I bought it with about less than a year ago. Haven't bothered with updating it yet.

TRENDING THREADS