Question CPU is too hot while gaming

May 6, 2022
I just installed a new cooler in my PC (Cooler master ML120) a few days ago and at idle my CPU is at 40 to 50 degrees Celsius and around 50% usage it's hitting around 90 to 100 degrees Celsius and with the cooler I tightened it down in a star pattern over the CPU. Does anyone by chance know what my problem is and how I could fix it??

I just installed a new cooler in my PC (Cooler master ML120) a few days ago and at idle my CPU is at 40 to 50 degrees Celsius and around 50% usage it's hitting around 90 to 100 degrees Celsius and with the cooler I tightened it down in a star pattern over the CPU. Does anyone by chance know what my problem is and how I could fix it??
Did you remove the plastic cover from cooler plate?

Is the pump working,

WildCard999

Titan
First thing I'd check is the installation. That cooler would come with parts for different sockets so I'd make sure your using the correct one and that the installation is snug. Next I'd check to make sure the fan and pump connections were correct. The next thing to check would be the thermal paste, it should come with it pre applied and adding any extra may cause a poor connection.

Just wondering, what was the previous cooler and temps?

Any overclocking?

What is the make/model of your case?
Where/how is the radiator mounted?
What is the fan arrangement?
What is your room temperature?
How much paste did you use?
What is your graphics card?
I would expect any cooler to run at 10-15c. over ambient it the cooler is functioning and mounted well in a case with good airflow.

May 6, 2022
I would expect any cooler to run at 10-15c. over ambient it the cooler is functioning and mounted well in a case with good airflow.
I have an NZXT H510 white so non flow I have a MSI GTX 970 and with the thermal paste I put on a little more then a grain of rice. The cooler is mounted to the front part of the case which is just medal and the side has a vent and now this isn't the best spot to mount the cooler but the was the only place where I could mount it so the pump could stretch. Room temp is around 67 degrees Fahrenheit and I had the CPU over clocked but I took that off

May 6, 2022
I have a NZXT H510 white so non flow. GTX 970. I have good airflow with 2 pre installed case fans I have the rad and fan mounted to the front which is metal but the side has a vent and I feel are coming through that. I had the CPU over clocked but I took that off. I put a little more then a grain of rice for thermal paste

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Put the radiator as either top or rear exhaust, the tubes will reach easily.

With the H510 you don't want Any intake fans, that case is proven that you get better cpu/gpu temps as nothing but top/rear exhaust.

If rear, put the tubes low, if top either direction is the same.

May 6, 2022
I have MSI GTX
Got some pictures for us to look at? [post using imgur.com]
Please remove the side panel before doing so.
Sooo about photos. I don't have any right now and I can't get photos right now (sorry) but I should be able to get photos soon

May 6, 2022
Put the radiator as either top or rear exhaust, the tubes will reach easily.

With the H510 you don't want Any intake fans, that case is proven that you get better cpu/gpu temps as nothing but top/rear exhaust.

If rear, put the tubes low, if top either direction is the same.
With trying to mount the cooler in those spots it's too close to the CPU so I can't really do that