My build:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
RAM: OLOy ddr4 2x8Gb 3000 MHz
GPU:XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc II Pro
Storage: Seagate 2Tb Internal HardDrive
PSU: 700W Thermaltake smart series
Case: NZXT H510i

So this was my very first build, i put alot of money into it, when i completed it, it powered on, the fans and lights came on, and the motherboard lights were on, but on the EZ debug panel the CPU indicator was on, when connecting my PC to a monitor nothing would happen, the screen stayed blank, ive taken it completely apart now and checked the CPU Pins, they all seem to be straight, me being new to all this first took out the CMOS battery for a few mins, that didnt work,i then bought a new PSU, which didnt change anything, and i just now flashed my BIOS and when i get my thermal paste will once again try, but the motherboard should support my CPU out of the box so im very lost. If anyone can help me please do

I am now even wondering if i would have to replace the Motherboard since i dont see anything wrong with the CPU

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020
Update, when i reinstalled the CPU the EZ Debug CPU indicator came on but only for a second and would then switch to the DRAM light, but ive tested both rams seperately and the indicator stays on, is there a chance its not all the way down or something? ive heard the click

Oct 19, 2020
Thank you

Did it end up being the RAM? I have the same motherboard and CPU and am getting the same issue with my CPU indicator light. I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz and just referred to that Matisse list only to find that this particular model hasn't been tested for compatibility by MSI.

If the RAM was the issue, what RAM did you end up using?

Oct 19, 2020
Just a ''stating the obvious question,'' but it was definitely the msi B450 Gaming Plus MAX board and not just the msi gaming plus motherboard ?
Sorry, should have clarified.

Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MWE Gold 750W ATX12V 2.31 80 Plus Gold Modular

So this was my very first build,
Here's a checklist for things to double and triple check for new-builds that fail to post:

Common problems are connectors that aren't fully engaged and that includes DIMM modules...make sure they're clicked into place on both ends.

Also try one DIMM at a time in each DIMM socket.

Also check that all standoffs are installed under the motherboard, and no extra ones that don't line up with a mounting hole in the mobo. Also a screw in each standoff.

It's usually a good idea to do what's called 'breadboarding' the build outside the case first: you do that by setting the mobo on the mobo box and hooking everything up and testing it there first. Then installing in the case. It helps shake out problems that get injected during installation.