Question Cpu isn't responding normally to bios settings.

So i am running
asus m5a97 le r2.0
fx6350 black edition
ddr3 1600mhz ram
an rx 560 4gb dual fan oc'd edition
and 750w evga psu.

stalk setting for everything in bios. boot system and goto system properties it says cpu is at 4.01GHz.. Launch into a game and it starts hitting 4.9GHz and at one point i saw it say cores hit 153C because of this. and i rest the max temps just to check it wasn't a mistake launched the game again and 2 minutes later it hit 4.9GHz again and this time 175c i have shut the system off til i can figure it out But really what actual cpu gods is going on here... Bios IS the latest revision

Cpuid hwmonitor, and i'm not sure about the whole computer would shutoff thing my friends computer hit 152c for 2 days then blew up literal. So yes i am with you it should and most do but not all systems work properly. that's why i had said in the beginning. My amd fx 6350 wont respond right to my asus m5a97 le r2.0. But it is supported and worked fine for a month and a half on a fully updated bios but then it started hitting high temps so i decided to give it a brake swaped it out with my phenom 965 be for a few days then placed it back in my pc. like normal it booted and said it had a new cpu please enter bios to set default settings. I did so and booted my pc then the whole crash problem started accruing so i checked my bios and everything was set to auto for default setting, So I made sure to lock it at stalk setting i can't remember the name of the setting but one is like 200 and the other is like 19ish The CPU is set to = 3.9GHz "leaving voltage to Auto". But still set Locked to =3.9Ghz the processor still jumps to 4.8-4.9GHz and core max at 153c Cpu in itself though is 70c liquid cooled... Should i reset and reupdate my bios