Question CPU issue.

Sep 25, 2020
Hello. 2 months ago i built my own PC and it has been working smoothly since then. Randomly today while I was working, my computer would not show display. I shut off my computer and then powered it back on and then i heard one deep toned beep, and no display. I have the MSI MPG z390 Gaming Plus motherboard and there is an “EZ Debug” feature on it. It indicates there is an issue with my CPU but i find it unlikely that that is true. Could anyone lend a hand? Hoping I won’t have to spend another$200 on a new motherboard.
Specs:
MSI MPG z390 Gaming Plus motherboard
Intel i7-9700F
MSI GTX 1660ti SE
16gb corsair vengeance DDR4 Ram

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly, please post the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model.

Hoping I won’t have to spend another$200 on a new motherboard.
Just saying in worst case, you probably won't, if it was only 2 months ago, and it wasn't damage caused by you, you should be covered by warranty on pretty much all your parts.

Did the beep not occur before the issue you describe? Is it just one beep? Short/long?

In the meantime I would just go through everything in this guide, I know it has been running fine for 2 months, but you'd be surprised how perhaps a cable has just come slightly loose if it wasn't completely connected, or how some of the CPU socket/pins may have been tampered with during the build process:

Sep 25, 2020
My PSU is Thermaltake Smart 600w, I have a 2TB seagate barracuda hardrive
250GB 970 Evo SSD
Cooler master 212 Evo CPU cooler.

the beep was a short deep toned beep. it didn’t sound like anything that i searched on youtube. I am not at home, but when I get home tomorrow i will take of my cooler and check my pins. I’m not sure how they would be bent because it has been working for two months. I can’t really believe that it would move while in there over time but i could stand corrected. Is there any chance that there was an overheating problem. During today I was running a decent load for a good 7 hours.

My PSU is Thermaltake Smart 600w, I have a 2TB seagate barracuda hardrive
250GB 970 Evo SSD
Cooler master 212 Evo CPU cooler.

the beep was a short deep toned beep. it didn’t sound like anything that i searched on youtube. I am not at home, but when I get home tomorrow i will take of my cooler and check my pins. I’m not sure how they would be bent because it has been working for two months. I can’t really believe that it would move while in there over time but i could stand corrected. Is there any chance that there was an overheating problem. During today I was running a decent load for a good 7 hours.

That's an awfully low quality PSU for that build and frankly I'd be looking to changing it as soon as possible(even if it's not the issue).

Disconnect everything that's unnecessary to POST(storage drives in your case).
Try a CMOS reset by removing the CMOS battery for 15-20 minutes.
If you have multiple RAM modules try running with only 1 at a time(try each of them).
@PC Tailor posted a list full of troubleshooting steps check it out.

If the CPU was installed correctly, without damaging the pins on the socket, then there's no reason why they'd bend on their own.

Sep 25, 2020
I am sure I put the cpu in correctly because i checked multiple times and it has worked. I put one in incorrectly before a few years ago and couldn’t even make it to BIOS but this computer has been completely functioning fine for 2 months. I know my PSU could use some improvement but am a little tight on money at the momwnt. I do not believe that is a problem here

Sep 25, 2020
I just wanted to clear up the form and say that I have figured out the problem. Instead of an issue with the CPU that the EZ DEBUG LED indicated, there was actually a bad read on my RAM. Does anyone know why the EZ DEBUG might have said that? Should I check CPU just in case?