Question CPU issues out of the blue.

Aug 1, 2020
So about a week ago my computer seemed to really struggle multitasking at all! A week ago I was playing games on my left monitor and watching movie and streaming on my right. Now it seems my PC Is really struggling to almost do either.

What i know:

CPU temp reading a solid 99/100C consistently, even on immediate startup.

From NZXT Cam CPU load constantly above 85% and easily hitting 100, despite the clock being "throttled?" To 960 odds to 1296MHZ. Under half its rated safe clock.

I havent changed any power settings, or settings otherwise since or remotely before this problem started occurring.

Let me know what you god kings need to know to help me diagnose because im at my end here.

Thanks!

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Goosebelly,

On behalf of Tom's Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

Please always provide full system specs.

Since you're running NZXT CAM, I will assume that you're also running an AIO cooler. It's highly likely that your cooler has failed. CPU temperature problems that occur "out of the blue" are a classic symptom for AIO failure, which is quite common. All liquid cooling systems will eventually fail. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

There's no magic fix for a failed AIO. If the unt is still in warranty, you'll need to return it for an RMA replacement. If it's not in warranty, you'll need to purchase a replacement cooler.

Sorry we can't give you better news.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol: