[SOLVED] CPU LED Light always on when playing games

Oct 1, 2020
So I don't know if this is the right place for this question but I need help.

This started a few days ago when I switched my pc case. what I think is my CPU led is on its bright red and annoying I thought nothing of this at all until today I noticed my games that I play are having pretty heavy frame drops and my GPU spikes from 1 or 2% TO 100% all the time I put everything in the case correctly, I reseated my CPU and CPU cooler nothing helped I have a program called EZUpdate from ASUS I think and it updates everything it updates my BIOS to so I updated my BIOS and the red light is still on I have no idea what's wrong considering I've tried a few things like resetting the BIOS by taking the CMOs battery out and draining the power, updating my BIOS, reinstalling Windows and reseating my CPU and CPU Cooler I don't know what other fix there is to do but if there is another one I would love to hear about it so I can solve this problem.

My System
CPU: Intel i7-10700
Mobo: Asus TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS(WI-FI)
GPU: XFX RX 580 8GB
PSU: Thermaltake SMART SERIES 500w (Never had a power problem)
If you need anymore of my system please ask :)

Solution
AX4U320038G16A-DB10 is the P/N and tells a WAD of information.
Your RAM are ADATA XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz and considered OC RAM.

They are not listed on the MB QVL so are untested and the official frequency supported by your CPU is 2933MHz.
It's not to say they will not work however you may have to manually enter SPD values in Bios.
Test the system RAM slots by just having a DIMM module in the slot recommended for single channel mode and switch modules around.
If you boot OK with the one module then run Memtest86 to check for any errors then test the others.
If it continues then RMA the CPU as Intel support is good. If the CPU is good then you will have to RMA the MB.
That red LED is the main power led or the debug LED indicating a problem with the CPU and it also could be your RAM.
Please list the P/N of your RAM kit?
You will also have to check for bent pins in the Motherboard CPU socket which happens a lot. Use a magnifier to inspect the pins as it may only take one or a couple to cause your issue.
If you find bent pins then use a tooth pick to bend them back and don't RMA with bent pins as that will void your Warranty.

Oct 1, 2020
Okay I looked at the pins and they are perfectly fine none are bent and I also don't know where my part number on the ram is thats what I presume P/N means so im just gonna put the numbers that are there on the back here sorry

AX4U320038G16A-DB10

1K3500047966

Oct 1, 2020
so I found the problem I looked at some other stuff to and found out my CPU is thermal throttling i have the stock intel CPU cooler that came with it and five case fans and I misplaced my thermal paste

AX4U320038G16A-DB10 is the P/N and tells a WAD of information.
Your RAM are ADATA XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz and considered OC RAM.

They are not listed on the MB QVL so are untested and the official frequency supported by your CPU is 2933MHz.
It's not to say they will not work however you may have to manually enter SPD values in Bios.
Test the system RAM slots by just having a DIMM module in the slot recommended for single channel mode and switch modules around.
If you boot OK with the one module then run Memtest86 to check for any errors then test the others.
If it continues then RMA the CPU as Intel support is good. If the CPU is good then you will have to RMA the MB.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS