Question cpu led on for few second and then VGA led on for maybe 10 seconds and then Boot led for 1 second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2020
I just upgraded my device to ryzen 5 from intel gen 4 and not sure if this normal or not because only 3 out of 4 led turn on and gpu led take more time than others
this is my pc spec: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CV3yZf
and also this is a video I recorded for the led it's not the best but hopefully it will give you an idea https://drive.google.com/file/d/12QTB88CuFV1YxvM1abUCNY59uHbI4DHc/view?usp=sharing

on this video i tried to use one ram kit i think the time is less than with two for CPU led

I assume this is happening when you first turn on the PC? If so, this is completely normal. The LEDs turn on when a device isn't running properly, or, during boot up, if a device isn't fully booted. The LED turns back off when the device is booted.

Every boot LED turning off after boot-up indicates that everything started up properly and with no issues. If one of them stays on, a device might have an error that's stopping your PC from booting.

If, while using the PC, a component crashes or stops working, the LEDs will light back up to indicate that there's a problem, as well as which specific component(s) have an error.

Apr 1, 2020
I assume this is happening when you first turn on the PC? If so, this is completely normal. The LEDs turn on when a device isn't running properly, or, during boot up, if a device isn't fully booted. The LED turns back off when the device is booted.

Every boot LED turning off after boot-up indicates that everything started up properly and with no issues. If one of them stays on, a device might have an error that's stopping your PC from booting.

If, while using the PC, a component crashes or stops working, the LEDs will light back up to indicate that there's a problem, as well as which specific component(s) have an error.
yeah this is when i am booting the system but not sure why DRAM LED is not doing the same and why VGA LED takes more time
sorry if i am being skeptical but my gpu just got burned after i upgraded to ryzen and seeing the gpu led on making me worry
i just got a new psu and temporarily gpu

Apr 1, 2020
could be the gpu is failing
my last GPU got burned after i grade to ryzen 5 3600 and this MSI b450m mortar max, and i got gtx 960 from a friend who i know he used a little bit for gaming and then he upgraded to something better, because of that i don't really think its the GPU

yeah this is when i am booting the system but not sure why DRAM LED is not doing the same and why VGA LED takes more time
sorry if i am being skeptical but my gpu just got burned after i upgraded to ryzen and seeing the gpu led on making me worry

The GPU (VGA) is basically it's own little full computer setup, with a built in motherboard, "CPU", dedicated VRAM, cooling, etc. There's so much more going on there than your RAM, which has many less functions compared to the GPU and CPU.

As long as the GPU boot LED does end up turning off, and you're able to get proper visuals to your monitor, you should be okay.

Reactions: ibrahimvr1
Status
Not open for further replies.