Question Cpu(lga2011 x79) fan start running slow then stop

May 1, 2019
First time post. So...using lga2011 cpu. Intel MB. Ddr3 4gbx1. Gtx1050ti. Psu650. When i press power, everything running except the screen, but my cpu fan (default) start running slower then stop and also no alarms. Anyone ever come around the same problem and how did you fix yours, what component you exchange for newer one?

if the CPU fan is not even running at speed, I'd suspect the mainboard, but, naturally you'd want to rule out a PSU or any shorted components/connections that might be loading down the mainboard and/or PSU first...

Remove the GPU entirely, disconnect all SATA data /power cables, and internal USB headers, and drop to a single stick of RAM in required slot...

Retest...if problem remains, try a known good PSU...; if problem remains, your mainboard is the likely 99% chance culprit, as actual CPU failures are VERY rare...

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do need to try another PSU, use all of the new PSU's modular cables, as modular cables are NOT interchangeable between units....different pinouts at PSU supply connection point!) You can fry all storage and SSD/DVD drives quickly by not observing this!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayjaykiribati
May 1, 2019
Thanks for replying. I did use just the hardware i mention above. I bring to a friend of mine just MB and cpu inside with heatsink(and fan) to test on his system and same result. Then surprisingly when he use his cpu cooler (corsair Hydro), the screen start and bios start showing everything running smoothly. I guess it back to default cooler for lga 2011 causing the problem. Sorry for long GOT story. Lol. I'll go out and buy new one when i got the money for it. Anyone wanna share their opinions to easy fix, this is tomshardware afterall👍