Question CPU Light blinking blue on motherboard. No sound.

Sep 14, 2022
Hello
My computer is the following specs to the best of my knowledge as I built it based on what someone recommended:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gp4jht

Problem: System shut down twice within the last 2 weeks since I've gotten it back. It was off for one month and transferred to a different location.
Blue light on motherboard blinking for CPU. Fans rotate slightly but not all the way.

I cleaned as much dust as possible. Unplugged the fan cables and replugged following an online source.
Noticed the power cable might be faulty but the system still turns on while I try to get a better one.
In regards to the CPU what is going on?

Sep 14, 2022
When you moved, were any precautions taken in regard to the GPU and securing or removing it?
The same would apply for the very large tower CPU cooler?
I placed it belly up meaning all components were facing up not standing.
Either way I need to fix w.e. is wrong with it now.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
If you didn't remove them or wrap them with the packing foam or similar it is highly possible that you could have damaged the motherboard or GPU. These heavy components are not made to travel down a road, even on their back, outside packaging or precaution.

Really, IMO, there are two ways you can go. Start testing component individually on known working and compatible hardware, or take it to a professional (or enthusiast) who can do that for you. If this is your only PC and you have nothing compatible, it's going to be difficult and/or expensive. Taking it to someone else is almost guaranteed to be expensive.

Things like GPU and drives, possibly RAM, and maybe the PSU should be easy enough to test in similar generation equipment (by way of DDR4 can be tested with another DDR4 motherboard be it Intel or AMD). The testing of the core components is where you need items you know are compatible and it all comes down to a process of elimination. Even that can result in best guess.

In your situation I would probably take the system completely down, outside the case. Build it as simply as possible with (stock?) cooler, one stick of RAM and a known working low level, no additional PCI power GPU (since you have an F skew) and see if it will work to POST. If it works start returning components until it doesn't.