[SOLVED] Cpu light on the mobo stays on. I've tried everything

Jun 2, 2020
I just bought a new CPU, GPU, and RAM for my build. Everything works besides the cpu light, which stops me from posting.

I've already tried switching to my old parts, which now doesn't fix the problem for sone reason...even though all 3 worked fine before I replaced them. I've tried booting from outside of the tower, which has done nothing. The pins in the mobo aren't bent, as it's an unopened replacement of my old mobo.

Here are my parts. Pls help if you can!

Msi z370 a pro
Intel core i5 9600k
Corsair vengeance 2x8
Msi geforce gtx 2060 super

Solution
try clearing CMOS by removing MB battery for 30 seconds and replace then try to boot with the old CPU. see if you can get to BIOS. if that doesnt work you may want to check to see if any of the pins on the MB were bent. good luck
Jun 2, 2020
you likely need a bios update for that board in order for it to work with that CPU as it is 9th gen. the z370 will support 8th gen out of the box and 9th gen with a bios update, you need this BIOS the z390chipset will work out of the box with 9th gen chips

My old CPU (Intel i3 8100) now isn't working lomg enough to update my bios (same cpu light problem). What are ny options from here?