Question CPU LIGHT ON!!!

Mar 2, 2022
I’ll keep it short & sweet. I have a i7-12700k that will not POST with an AORUS elite ax DDR4. no matter what I come up with a CPU light on the mobo. I have tried the CPU on 3 other mobos, same light. I bought another cpu to test, same light. I have tried different ram with different slots, nothing. CPU cooler is plugged in & works. Power to mobo & cpu plug ins checked. Two different PSU’s tried, same thing. No Beeps with speaker. Literally everything powers on but this CPU I guess. Tried Q flashing, did not light up at all to show me it was working. I feel like I have done everything. Please help!!!!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The problem with keeping troubleshooting thread's short and sweet is that they will eventually lead to being long and bitter. You forgot to include a lot more information. Please parse the specs to your build with the issue, like so:
CPU+CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Do mention all the parts that you've used to rule out one or the other from being faulty.

Mar 2, 2022
i7 12700k w/ Arctic freezer ii 240 argb
Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR4
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x16 3600 CL 18
NO GPU ATM though I did try to put in my old r9 380x and nothing changed
Corsair RM850x (2021)
Corsair 4000x
No OS (cant even get into bios to install windows)
AOC 24" 144hz

All of this is within the last week

The 1st AORUS ELITE I had originally bought was RMA'd because it would not power on at all. I Paper clip tested the PSU to make sure it was good (it was). I received a new board of the same type, and plugged it in to see if it worked and powered on (it did). So without thinking I installed the cpu and everything else and put together the pc and when I go to start it again at the end I see that it has a red CPU light. I thought no way I have another bad part. Nonetheless, I tested everything. Made sure all connections were good, took out the battery for a few seconds and put back, installed my old GPU, an R9 380x, to see if that worked (no change), took out the ram from the computer im using now (G Skill Ripjaw V 2x8 3200) and installed it (no change), tried a single ram in each slot (no change), took out the PSU from the computer im using now (EVGA Supernova 750W 2 yrs old) and installed it (no change), bought a NEW CPU of the same kind and installed it to just see if i had a bad CPU (no change). I tried getting beep codes but no beeps. I even bought ANOTHER motherboard today (Z690 GAMING X LGA1700) and it STILL came up with RED CPU LIGHT in THAT board. No way I have gone through almost two of everything and still it does not work. All resulted still in a red CPU light on MOBO and with black screen on monitor. I tried Q Flashing bios but the LED would not come on suggesting that it was working. Maybe that was my fault and I did not do it right considering I have not done that before. When I connect everything and power it on, everything else works ie: fans, RGB in fans, RGB in ram, however my CPU Cooler does not light up but I figured that was just because it needed software for it. I have tried this with the most basic of set up, outside of the case with just the bare minimum needed to start the computer up to limit what was wrong. I am all out of ideas now. No way I have received a batch of dud gigabyte board right? BTW all of stuff should be compatible, I have seen other peoples builds with most of the same equipment and have not heard of any problems from them.

Mar 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The problem with keeping troubleshooting thread's short and sweet is that they will eventually lead to being long and bitter. You forgot to include a lot more information. Please parse the specs to your build with the issue, like so:
CPU+CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. Do mention all the parts that you've used to rule out one or the other from being faulty.
Thank you for the reply

May 17, 2022
i'm having the same problem any help would be appreciated

i5 12600k / Noctua-u12s
z690 Aorus Elite AX ddr4
G.skill 2x8gb 3200
gtx 1080
BeQuiet! 750 80 plus gold

no OS , cant get into bios

got all parts new but the Gpu and
(mobo was bought used great condition)