Question Cpu light red for a second turns off and turns on again still red

Feb 27, 2019
I replaced my mother board today and my powersuply as well as upgraded my cpu. I have had experience with replacing parts but starting of with putting everything on my mother board was new for me. When I hit the power button my pc turns on the cpu light turns red and the the pc turns off. After that the pc starts again then my dram light is orange then after a minute the vga light turns white if anyone can help with this that would be amazing
Pc parts
(Upgrades)
•ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Gigabit LAN
•EVGA Supernova 850 G3, 80 Plus Gold 850W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with New HDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-G3-0850-X1
•Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W
(OLD)
•VGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, EVGA OCX Scanner OC, White LED, DX12OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-5671-KR
•Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151 [BX80662I76700K]
•G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory Kit F4-2400C15D-16GRR
•MSI Gaming Intel Skylake B150 LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 Micro ATX Motherboard (B150M Bazooka)
•VGA SuperNOVA 650 G1, 80+ GOLD 650W, Fully Modular, 10 Year Warranty, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply 120-G1-0650-XR
•OCZ Storage Solutions Trion 100 Series 480GB SATA III 2.5" Solid State Drive TRN100-25SAT3-480G
•Seagate 2TB Desktop HDD SATA 6Gb
Any help would be great also pc was having problems before upgrade (random blue screens and would have to restart multiple times before booting to be stuck in bios)
Also windows 10

Sep 21, 2018
Have you tried updating your bios and cleaning cmos? If that not gonna work try to take out ram and leave one stick, play around with ram stick maybe dual channel is not working.

Feb 27, 2019
Have you tried updating your bios and cleaning cmos? If that not gonna work try to take out ram and leave one stick, play around with ram stick maybe dual channel is not working.
My cmos is weird there’s no button or a jumper I don’t rly want to put a screwdriver between the other pins

compprob237

Distinguished
The ClearRTC (AKA clear CMOS) jumper is next to the front panel header (where you plug in the power/reset buttons).

Do you have a BIOS Speaker attached to the front panel header? This would give you diagnostic beep codes that would give you more information beyond the status lights.

According to the manual:
"If an error is found, the corresponding LED remains lit until the problem is solved."

Feb 27, 2019
The ClearRTC (AKA clear CMOS) jumper is next to the front panel header (where you plug in the power/reset buttons).

Do you have a BIOS Speaker attached to the front panel header? This would give you diagnostic beep codes that would give you more information beyond the status lights.

According to the manual:
"If an error is found, the corresponding LED remains lit until the problem is solved."
I see it it says clrtc but there is no jumper there

compprob237

Distinguished
I see it it says clrtc but there is no jumper there
Make sure the system is unplugged! Use a screwdriver to jump the pins. Keep the pins jumped for about 5-10 seconds. You can also take the jumper from the "CPU_OV" jumper (next to the CPU power) and use that instead. Just make sure you put the jumper back before you fire the system up (the two pins closest to the CPU, pins 1 & 2, is the default "off" position).

Feb 27, 2019
Make sure the system is unplugged! Use a screwdriver to jump the pins. Keep the pins jumped for about 5-10 seconds. You can also take the jumper from the "CPU_OV" jumper (next to the CPU power) and use that instead. Just make sure you put the jumper back before you fire the system up (the two pins closest to the CPU, pins 1 & 2, is the default "off" position).
Alright I did the screwdriver way and I did hear a few clicks so I think it worked

Feb 27, 2019
It restarts twice immediately then a third after a few second then stays on with the dram light on for a second then all that’s left on is the white vga light

compprob237

Distinguished
It restarts twice immediately then a third after a few second then stays on with the dram light on for a second then all that’s left on is the white vga light
According to the manual:

Alright I did the screwdriver way and I did hear a few clicks so I think it worked
Clicks? It shouldn't make any noise... Was the computer unplugged?

Feb 27, 2019
Pc boots now thank you everyone just one last part dosent work pc won’t boot with all 4 ram in. All slots work and all ram is fine I think it’s a bios setting that I don’t understand

TRENDING THREADS