Question Cpu light will turn on for a couple of seconds, then the vga light will, then the boot light stays on

Nov 7, 2020
I reapplied the thermal paste on my cpu and when I turned it on afterwards, the cpu light would come on, then after a couple of seconds the vga light would come on, then either the boot light would come on and stay on, or it would repeat the process.
I tried taking out the cmos battery, booting with one stick of ram, and repositioning both the cpu and gpu and don’t know what to do.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Msi x570 gaming plus motherboard
Asus ROG strix 3070
16 gb Corsair vengeance ram
650 Watt Corsair power supply
Also the the pc started up fine minutes before and all monitors I have tried work

Nov 7, 2020
Just tried it and when I turned it on it went through the cycle, then was stuck on cpu or a couple of seconds, light turned off then back on for a couple of seconds then went to vga and got stuck on that
Completely forgot to put this in first description but a couple of cpu pins got bent although I bent them back, don’t know if that will change a whole lot though

Nov 3, 2020
If the pins are bent but still fit into the slot would that matter? Also my monitors say no signal with the graphics card although I never touched it, don’t know if that is because of the cpu or motherboard or just the gpu
It could be your gpu bcuz if it worked it wouldn't say no signal, but it could also be your pcie slot or maybe some wires aren't connected properly, is there another pc available to you in which you can test your gpu, or another gpu to test in your pc?

Feb 11, 2021
I reapplied the thermal paste on my cpu and when I turned it on afterwards, the cpu light would come on, then after a couple of seconds the vga light would come on, then either the boot light would come on and stay on, or it would repeat the process.
I tried taking out the cmos battery, booting with one stick of ram, and repositioning both the cpu and gpu and don’t know what to do.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Msi x570 gaming plus motherboard
Asus ROG strix 3070
16 gb Corsair vengeance ram
650 Watt Corsair power supply
Also the the pc started up fine minutes before and all monitors I have tried work
I'm having the same problem, but I just built my pc. Cpu light is on the vga then boot and it cycles.
All the fans and lights are working, but no display on monitor.
My specs:
MSI B550 tomahawk mobo
Ryzen 5600x cpu
Gigabyte rtx3070 gpu
Corsair vengeance lox dd4 2x16gb 3200MHz

Any ideas?

Nov 7, 2020
I'm having the same problem, but I just built my pc. Cpu light is on the vga then boot and it cycles.
All the fans and lights are working, but no display on monitor.
My specs:
MSI B550 tomahawk mobo
Ryzen 5600x cpu
Gigabyte rtx3070 gpu
Corsair vengeance lox dd4 2x16gb 3200MHz

Any ideas?
My problem was the cpu and I had to get a new one, if I were you I would very carefully check if any pins are broken, if non are then it’s possibly a gpu or motherboard problem

TRENDING THREADS