adze7

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
Hello!

Last year I bought a new PC with Threadripper 2950W and a liquid cooling system by WAK Enermax TR4 II Threadripper. This year in march it broke down and it was replaced by a new one. And now by the end of this year 2019 the problem with noisy cooling is here again :/ I posted a video on youtube:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K5fLbZil38

What do you recommend I should do? Since it still has warranty I could replace it with new one or install another one from different company. But which one is best. And it can only have 2 150mm fans in front because the casing of the PC is MIDI tower.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: adze7

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Those Enermax AIOs did perform really well on initial testing (I really liked the one I reviewed for Tom's Hardware) but over time, many sites and reports have noted how poorly the cooler ages in terms of build up of 'junk' inside the cooler, creating an environment of poor cooling and pump degradation.

It might be time to just get away from it, or RMA and get a brand new cooler, empty all coolant, flush it, refill with some good coolant. But in doing those steps, you void the warranty anyway.

Enermax will pay for shipping both ways if it's still under warranty. They have supposedly fixed the issue. So it's worth a shot.

Steve over @ Gamers Nexus cornered them on the shipping charges as they knew they had a defective product. Enermax to save their reputation agreed to free shipping both ways.

Last edited:

adze7

Commendable
Feb 28, 2019
Thanks everyone !
I have contacted the firm that will repair the PC. I even mentioned to them, that I will definitely change the manufacturer of AIO.
I won´t go back to Enermax, because it broke down twice in one year.
As I know, they will replace the pump for free, if the other will cost more I`ll have to pay the rest.
First Enermax I had, broke down because of overheating, then it started with the same rattling noise, this one just makes noise and I have no overheating problems.
And belive me, after working 9+ hours on computer, this sounds is ringing in my ear till next day :S