Cpu liquid cooler leak is it covered by warranty?

not you

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
Hello

I have bought a raijintek triton liquid cooler like 4 months ago and now i found out it is leaking

its liquid gotten on the video card (gigabyte gtx 970 g1 gaming) so i cleaned it with alcohol (read on the internet it worked for somebody) now im drying it for 24 hours to get every dropp of water out
(The liquid did not touch any other part im sure because of its placement and bcs the liquid was coloured :D)

I dont know what should i do with the cooler thou does the warranty cover random leaks? As i still have warranty for it.

What do you think is there any chanse the card still works?

Thank you for all the help :)

Solution

The shop should be able to replace the faulty cpu cooler but they will be unable to do anything else about the other parts in your system as this is covered under the manufacturers warranty. Your best bet would be to go through the manufacturers RMA so you can get all parts tested.

John_234

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016
I had a corsair cooler leak in my pc and wreck my motherboard and gpu. I contact corsair about the issue and they asked me to send all affected parts to them for testing. If they confirm the parts have been damaged due to the cooler they should reimburse you for the cost to replace the parts including a rma of the cooling unit too.

John_234

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016

The shop should be able to replace the faulty cpu cooler but they will be unable to do anything else about the other parts in your system as this is covered under the manufacturers warranty. Your best bet would be to go through the manufacturers RMA so you can get all parts tested.

Solution

John_234

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016

Yes sometimes the pipe connectors on the cooler leak, my cooler showed no sign of damage but you could tell the leak from the cooler from coolant stains. I think it is the quality of seals they use and degradation with heat.