Cpu liquid cooling Coolermaster Seidon 120V/tube position

mAs_81

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Hi,first post here,even though I have taken refuge on the forum pages for answers in the past..
I currently made a new system and had a coolermaster seidon 120v installed on the back exhaust of my pc case,but the guy who installed it had the tubes on the top of the radiator.Since I thought that it was wrong(after seeing an official CM video of installation),I unscrewed the radiator and installed it again with the tubes on the bottom.Since then a faint clicking sound occured,but not all the time,It comes and goes..I checked everything including the fan,but I think Its coming from the pump.I know that these sound could mean potential pump failure, but my temps are ok..
(28-30c idle,68-70c on intel stress test very high-i5 4670)..
Wht should I do?Should i reinstall the radiator with the tubes on the top,or It won't make any difference?Please help..

mAs_81

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

Well,I've checked the wires,and contacted coolermaster too.
They've sent me a link with videos of other sound that pumps that are about to malfunction make,but my pump is nowhere near that noisy..
The coolermaster guy said It has to be "air bubbles" and if i let my system work for 2-48 hours,it should go away..Problem is,I currently have no ram and I'm waiting for the ones I purchused online to come,so I cannot check the pump and thevstability of my system..
Anyway,thanks for your reply mate..So its no problem to put the radiator tubes "upside down",right?Its just that I haven't seen anyone with the radiator that way...

mAs_81

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks mate,I was worried because I read about a lot of guys who had problems with their Coolermaster liquid coolers and I thought that I had a faulty pump..Still,I have to wait and see about that,after I work my system for a few days..
Cheers..

CM Ying

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Hi mAs_81,
Can you please let us know how the system and Seidon unit are performing once you have had it running for a while? We will keep an eye out for your response so that we can help if you have any further issues. Thanks.

mAs_81

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

Will do.Thanks

aXis_Symmetry

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Guys? I kinda want to ask something too related with the same CPU cooler, CM Seidon 120v. My PC suddenly crashed while I'm gaming. So I restarted my PC and check for the temps and its blasting 70c after rebooting. I tried to wait for it to drop down but failed. The temp still stays at 70c on idle. Can anyone shed some light on what happened? I'm new to liquid cooling, so I have zero experience on dealing with this. Probably your answer will help original poster too.

Thanks guys

mAs_81

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

Unfortunately,even though I have no problems regarding temperature,the noise is not stopping..On the contrary,it has gotten more frequent and louder!I tried everything.Every advice I got from coolermaster too,has not helped at all..
I shook it,changed the position of the radiator,added more voltage,left my system running for days,but nothing at all..
The rattling noise is completely random,and its getting on my nerves...This is a great cooler to lower your cpu temps,but the rattling has ruined it for me....

CM Ying

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Dear mAs_81,
I am sorry to hear this situation. Please contact the shop where you bought the unit for replacement. If you have any difficult to get it, please write email to support@coolermaster.nl for further support.