Question CPU liquid cooling

Jun 8, 2019
Hello,
In the past year I’m not sure if my cooling for my cpu has been working at all. I restricted the max temp in my BIOS to 62 degrees Celsius and it doesn’t get any hotter than that.

Problem is that my cpu is only using about 60-75% of its power because of the restriction I had to put on it, I don’t know the issue with my cooling and I think it is causing me input lag in games and it’s severely frustrating

My hardware goes as followed
GPU: GTX 2080ti
CPU: i9-9900k 16 core
RAM: 32 Gigs DDR4
Storage device: NVMe M.2 500GB
CPU Cooler: Masterliquid ML280 RGB TR4 Edition With RGB Controller

My “AOI Pump” registers as N/A in the BIOS I’m not sure what’s going wrong anyone with any answers please get back to me.

Jun 8, 2019
Sticker with the product number on the unit?
Did you keep any of the original packaging? Manual?

You did plug the power connector for the pump into the motherboard's W_Pump header?
Yes I have the box in my hands and can confirm it is the MasterLiquid ML24OL RGB, Im not really sure which wire is the power connector.

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald
ML240L is a 240mm 'lite' version. It's rated at just over 200w. You have a 9900k that's easily capable of 200w.

Basically that cooler is insufficient for keeping temps in check on that cpu. Just because it's a liquid cooler doesn't mean it's magic, will somehow work better than a good aircooler. Air = liquid in same range, a 250w Noctua NH-D15S is quite superior in ability to that ML240L, you'll get better temps. And won't have to chop performance. Better yet would be a 300w good 280mm liquid cooler or a good 360mm liquid cooler, not the 50w lacking 'lite' versions either.

It's like having an 8cyl car engine and only using 4 sparkplugs, since obviously that'll save money on gasoline.

Jun 8, 2019
As you can see, there's 2 coming out of the water block:
-pump power connector: plug that into the W_Pump header on the mobo.
[Link wouldn't post, but Power is the one that isn't in the image below.]

-LED power connector
I have 1 slot plugging into my motherboard and its plugged into a slot that has nothing written on it I honestly have no clue where W_Pump Header is and the other wire goes back to the fans that cool the liquid
As you can see, there's 2 coming out of the water block:
-pump power connector: plug that into the W_Pump header on the mobo.
[Link wouldn't post, but Power is the one that isn't in the image below.]

-LED power connector
i cannot for the life of me find that cable but it must have power since I’m able to use rgb on it

ASK THE COMMUNITY