Cpu load + gpu load=crash???

eclipseturbo4

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
ok well whats going on i have a custom computer that i built and every time i play a game or put a substantial or semi-substantial load on the cpu and gpu my computer shuts down and restarts my computer specs \/

asus m5a99x evo rev 1 motherboard
amd fx-8350 cpu
two xfx r7770's in crossfire x
a 4tb Barracuda drive for storage
a 1tb barracuda drive for my os
8gigs of ripjaw 1600 ram
for cooling i have a corsair H100I the rad is in a push configuration.
and the normal front intake and rear exhaust.
for power i have a rosewill 750 watt psu 80plus bronze.

Im not overclocked on anything cause im trying to figure out what is going on before i do much for overclocking..
i really want this issue to go away i got almost all the way through on borderlands 2 overclocked and in crossfire but now i cant play 10 minutes before the audio goes into a loop and the game freezes and if i leave it nothing changes.
please somebody help me with the prob. it'd be greatly appreciated.. ive tried a fresh install of windows and changing my bios to defualts..

eclipseturbo4

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

thats the thing hwmonitor is saying all my voltages are safe they dont drop below 12v and my cpu votages stay at a pretty static 1.4 volts.

eclipseturbo4

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

well if the psu's the problem y was i able to get all the way through tomb raider 2013 and almost all the way through borderlands 2 in crossfire with the setup i have above without a problem then one day playing borderlands 2 my comp freezes.. idk im just frustrated with this stupid thing..
My psu does have a single rail. its the hive series 750 watt.. it says its sli and crossfire ready. thats y i got it.. i dont mean to be debating the psu is literally 3 months old. i dont want a bad rep here im just trying to get to the bottom of it..

eclipseturbo4

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

i tried them they dont make a difference still crash.

wiggbot

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
The majority of the time, your PC shutting down under load will be either a faulty PSU or an overheating problem. If you're sure your computer isn't overheating, it is probably the PSU.