Question CPU Loud Fan

May 5, 2020
Hello,
This week i noticed that my stock cpu cooler went from quiet to very loud. I had this cooler for half a year and there were no problems with it, it was quiet and temps were also normal. But once I played Assassin's Creed Unity and my cooler went from super quiet to super loud. I thought that it was game's fault because it was quite a demanding game so i was ok with that. However, later it started to be loud even when pc was in idle mode but just for a sec or two. My fan RPM were bumping from low to high to low. I don't know why it's so loud, I checked rpms in BIOS and it said that my rpm is about 1000 which I don't know if it's ok or not. I know that it is a stock cooler and stock coolers tend to be loud, but he was working for half a year just fine. My Idle temps are around 45°C.

My rig parameters:

Ryzen 5 3600​
Tomahawk B450 Max​
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT​
Corsair DDR4 3200 MHz CL16 Vengeance 2X8GB​
Gigabyte 750w 80 plus gold​
Kingston A2000 M.2​
Phantex Eclipse 350X​
Thanks.

Last edited:

mahmoud2244

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
my personal opinion is to get a new cooler, i'm running a stock cooler also and it's not great i'm going to get a new AIO, but if the temps are fine and the cpu fan is running at 1000 rpm it's suppose to be quiet so that loud fan is not the cpu fan

May 5, 2020
my personal opinion is to get a new cooler, i'm running a stock cooler also and it's not great i'm going to get a new AIO, but if the temps are fine and the cpu fan is running at 1000 rpm it's suppose to be quiet so that loud fan is not the cpu fan

Yes, my temps are fine and 1000 rpm is also fine, that's why I don't understand why it's so noisy. I removed my side glass panel to see which fan is so loud, GPU wasn't even rotating, so it was not gpu, i turned off my front and rear case fans and i still heard the noise. So It has to be my cpu fan. Nevertheless I wanted to switch to better cooler to OC a little bit. I was just upset why it went from quiet to loud in one day.