Question CPU low performance after overclock failure

Aug 9, 2020
A few days ago i was trying to overclock my ryzen 1500x with amd ryzen master. After a unsuccessful overclock, my pc turned into black screen and i have to force reboot it. After rebooting my pc, i noticed significant performance drop and inconsistent frame drops while gaming.
Any help would be appreciated.

A few days ago i was trying to overclock my ryzen 1500x with amd ryzen master. After a unsuccessful overclock, my pc turned into black screen and i have to force reboot it. After rebooting my pc, i noticed significant performance drop and inconsistent frame drops while gaming.
Any help would be appreciated.
Reset CMOS first, boot to safe mode and uninstall Ryzen Master, you can reinstall it once again when in normal windows mode.

madmatt30

Titan
Ambassador
Failed overclock with ryzen master can force a bios reset on the first boot afterwards.

If you had xmp enabled to run ram faster than default 2133 speed then it may have reset.

Ryzen master doesn't hold overclock settings unless you actually forced it to run on boot and apply them automatically - which is never a good idea!

Reactions: CountMike

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS