CPU low usage but application laggy.

xCubic

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Hello, I have some issues with my i7-4790k cpu.
My PC is running with a minecraft instance and a few minecraft servers and when the minecraft instance starts, the cpu usage hits about 50% only and I wonder why the servers lags. The server is not consuming much cpu either. Can someone help me please?

Computer specs :
CPU - i74790k
GPU - Gtx960
Ram - 32gb 1600
OS - Win10 64bit

Also, I have some problems with my ram, my servers and my minecraft clients are at most taking about 18gb of ram while 14 gb of it is still free, I would appreciate anyone who can help me solve the issue. Thank you.

Solution
Unless the Minecraft instance needs and can use all threads, the CPU won't be 100% busy; as an example, if it can only use 4 threads, then it can't exceed 50% CPU utilization. Why do you expect it to use all CPU resources? How many servers are running? The system will only use as much memory as it needs; if 18 GB is enough, then it won't use 32 GB.

What does Resources Monitor show? What tasks are using most CPU cycles? How fast is the CPU running? You have to check and provide that basic info.
Unless the Minecraft instance needs and can use all threads, the CPU won't be 100% busy; as an example, if it can only use 4 threads, then it can't exceed 50% CPU utilization. Why do you expect it to use all CPU resources? How many servers are running? The system will only use as much memory as it needs; if 18 GB is enough, then it won't use 32 GB.

What does Resources Monitor show? What tasks are using most CPU cycles? How fast is the CPU running? You have to check and provide that basic info.

Solution