Question Cpu making ringing noise need help please

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
I need help because today i got the core i5 9400f and i installed it and i was playing borderlands 3 and when i did a benchmark my cpu was making a ringing noise for 2-3 seconds i was hoping that this is was ok and it also seems to be that the fan is loud and maybe im just not use to this because i had a core i3 8100 and i was ok and i also used msi afterbunner to see if everything was ok the temp of the cpu never went above 55 and everything was ok but the ringing noise was strange hopefully you can help.

i have one more question whats the best way to take the thermal paste off the cpu because im kind of afraid to because i don't what to ruin anything

Just gently wipe it off with some paper towels...once most of it is off you can use some rubbing alcohol to remove the rest if you feel the need to get it squeaky clean (I never bother myself).

Make sure none of the compound got on the socket side from your fingers before re-installing the cpu if you removed it to clean the compound off...if so clean it off with rubbing alcohol.