[SOLVED] cpu manual multiplier and voltage

Sep 25, 2020
does setting a manual voltage and multiplier for the cpu from bios make it permanently ran at that voltage and frequency? because even so, i have noticed that in hwinfo the recoreded frequencies goes far bellow the multiplier i have set, the vcore as well goes pretty low at idle. i'm asking this because as what i know, setting a manual voltage and frequency make the cpu ran permanetly at those set values. and the adaptive voltage is the one making the vcore and frequency but only with adequate load

Solution
As far as I know, setting the multiplier and vcore in the bios will only change the maximum value of both, so the cpu and vcore frequencies won't work exactly like you set them in bios all the time. it will reach the max value you set when running full load like running cinebench.
sorry for bad english

NaufalR9708

Prominent
Mar 29, 2020
As far as I know, setting the multiplier and vcore in the bios will only change the maximum value of both, so the cpu and vcore frequencies won't work exactly like you set them in bios all the time. it will reach the max value you set when running full load like running cinebench.
sorry for bad english

Solution