Question CPU maxing out 91%

Ryan Rosser

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
i have a AMD A6 9220 with Radeon R4 graphics and i dont have a gaming pc or money to upgrade a old desktop so i want to squeeze as much performance out of my laptop i can i have done everything i can to do that but when ever i play any game it will always for some reason max out my cpu at 91 % and i know that the extra 9% wont make much of a diffrence but like i said i want to get as much performance out of my laptop as possible in fallout 4 i get around 15 to 20 FPS max but like i said my cpu will max out at 91%

no its normally at like 50% but it will go up to 70% but only for like a second then it goes back down my GPU usage is normally pretty low
The best you can do is lower graphic settings. Your r4 isn't strong enough to run fallout 4. Thr r4 gets its vram from your onboard ram. So you can try to go into system, advanced system settings, advanced tab, under performance tab hit settings, open advanced tab, and make sure processor is set for best performance of programs. And go to virtual memory and try to increase that for more memory for your r4 if it is low. Or you can let the system adjust it if it isn't low.

Ryan Rosser

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
The best you can do is lower graphic settings. Your r4 isn't strong enough to run fallout 4. Thr r4 gets its vram from your onboard ram. So you can try to go into system, advanced system settings, advanced tab, under performance tab hit settings, open advanced tab, and make sure processor is set for best performance of programs. And go to virtual memory and try to increase that for more memory for your r4 if it is low. Or you can let the system adjust it if it isn't low.
OK bud thanks a lot i appreciate it :)

izoli

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
that FPS sounds about right with that hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if with your onboard graphics being under heavy loads makes it so that it can't use any more than that or if its generating too much heat and wont run at 100% in order to prevent overheating.

I wouldn't expect more than 20fps on FO4 though even with lowest settings, honestly I am surprised it even lets you run it as it is below the games required minimum cpu.

Last edited:

Ryan Rosser

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
that FPS sounds about right with that hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if with your onboard graphics being under heavy loads makes it so that it can't use any more than that or if its generating too much heat and wont run at 100% in order to prevent overheating.

I wouldn't expect more than 20fps on FO4 though even with lowest settings, honestly I am surprised it even lets you run it as it is below the games required minimum cpu.
yeah my laptop does get pretty damn hot i replaced the thermal paste with arctic silver and the temperature use to be 145 f now its 114 f also thank you man