[SOLVED] CPU maxing out when idle.

Feb 19, 2020
I just sat down at my pc after being out and woke it (aka moved my mouse) and I had task manager open on my second monitor when my monitor turned back on I saw the CPU % go from 90% right back down to idling at about 15%. I looked at the activity graph and it was steady and about 90% as far back as I could see then it from the time I woke it it was back down to normal levels.

I'm not sure why it's doing this, at first I remembered that some viruses would wait until you were away from your pc for a certain amount of time and then max out your GPU mining crypto but this is with my CPU, I don't know if there is anything that would use it. But its probably just some windows process or something that doesn't matter just felt like seeing if it was a big deal and my computer was about to burst into flames.

Thanks for any help.

Solution
If you keep Task Manager open then you will be able to see which programs/processes are causing the high CPU usage.

I'm not sure which films you have been watching but high CPU usage causing the PC bursting into flames is completely abstract.

Andy

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
If you keep Task Manager open then you will be able to see which programs/processes are causing the high CPU usage.

I'm not sure which films you have been watching but high CPU usage causing the PC bursting into flames is completely abstract.

Andy

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS