CPU may cause problems

aliyahyaalmousawi

Commendable
Feb 13, 2018
Hello everybody.

It all began a week ago. I've been gaming on my gamer pc and suddenly i got random freezes and blue screens and besides that i also got a black screen from ''American Megatrends'' telling me i have problems with the power supply (PSU). I decided to use my warranty for my PSU, so i got a new PSU from EVGA and thought that this will solve all my problems.

Unfortunately not...

The random freezes and blue screens went on when i tried to game, the only thing that was solved was i didnt get any messages from American Megatrends telling me about unstable power supply.

So what to do? I ran a stress test on my GPU and CPU - seperately - and i found out that when i tried to stress test the CPU, my computer just restarted and then showed me blue screens again.

can I be sure it's the CPU that is causing the problems here?

Here is the information I have for the computer if it helps, problem will be futher explained after the list.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Operating System

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 28 °C

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-30)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VII RANGER (SOCKET 1150) 26 °C

Graphics

G2460 (1920x1080@144Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA) 37 °C

Storage

223GB KINGSTON SV300S37A240G (SSD) 24 °C

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

PSU

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W,

______________________________________________________________________________________

I tested everything (memorytest, fantest, GPU-test) but it didnt trigger the problem.

After testing a program that tested the CPU I got an instant response by a computerfreeze and a BSOD

I have tested the following and gave errors:

HeavyLoad - Free Stress Test Tool for Your PC (Heavyload)

I tried to use IntelProcessor Diagnostic tool, but my computer wont run it. i get an error everytime.

----------------------------------------------

Hopefully somebody can help me with this and if necessary I will give information where needed futher.

Solution
Okay. I found the solution myself. As i have stated before, my CPU is 4.0ghz. when i checked the joblist and tried to open some programs that will use CPU, i could see that my CPU usage was 4.6ghz on 30% usage!!! i checked my bios and could see that my CPU was somehow overclocked to 5ghz!! and therefor, my PC Couldnt handle it. I reset my cpu to fabric settings and now everything is good.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe it's software, not hardware. As in software conflicts. Try a couple things...
1) Disable as much stuff starting with Win as you can. Check your tray for stuff that is running in the background.
2) Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both to clean up software conflicts and registry errors.
3) Run a full virus scan
4) Run Malwarebytes to clear up any poorly written malware code that may be causing problems.

aliyahyaalmousawi

Commendable
Feb 13, 2018

Hi again. First step didn't do anything and neither did CCleaner.
I tried to scan for malwarebytes using malwarebytes.com, but my PC crashed as soon as the CPU went above 50-55% of usage..
i also tried to do a full virus scan, but again.. as soon as the CPU reached 50-55% of usage, my PC got blue screen and froze.

aliyahyaalmousawi

Commendable
Feb 13, 2018
Okay. I found the solution myself. As i have stated before, my CPU is 4.0ghz. when i checked the joblist and tried to open some programs that will use CPU, i could see that my CPU usage was 4.6ghz on 30% usage!!! i checked my bios and could see that my CPU was somehow overclocked to 5ghz!! and therefor, my PC Couldnt handle it. I reset my cpu to fabric settings and now everything is good.

Solution