Question CPU/Memory popup

Neutronium101

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
Hi there,

There is an incredibly annoying popup that appears in Windows 10 that I haven't been able to turn off.

This popup shows CPU and Memory usage, Page file, Uptime etc. Would be useful if it didn't lay over every application I'm running.

It occurs when moving the cursor to the top right of the primary monitor and appears in the top left.

What do I destroy this annoyance?

Ralston18

Titan
New computer? Or did the popup start with a recent Windows 10 installation or update?

Are you sure that it is indeed a Windows 10 popup: Maybe Resource Monitor perhaps.....

No labeling on the popup? No branding or perhaps links that display a source manufacturer/application URL?

Any little "gear icons" that present configuration settings?

Can you post a screen image?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html

Look in Task Manager - Startup tab.

The popup may be from some utility that is installed and being launched at startup.

No need to immediately react and do anything. Focus on identifying the source application.

Neutronium101

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Not a new computer but this is been an annoyance from day 1. I use system explorer which has a similar feature that I have turned off, thinking that the below is native to Windows 10 as there is nothing advertising the developers.

Start up tab has all of the usual programs you would find in there, Java update, VM ware stuff, Steam etc.

Half of the problem is identifying what this is so I can enter a useful search term into google...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS