godfatherscar

Distinguished
May 7, 2008

godfatherscar

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
hmmm...when i look in the zip file for the update..... it has the following files:

AFUDOS.EXE
AFUWIN.EXE
GF7100-M3_080707.ROM
Ucoredll.dll
Ucoresys.sys
Ucorevxd.vxd
UCOREW64.SYS

which one(s) do i pick

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Is your mobo an Asus? Mine is, and it comes with a really handy tool for updating the BIOS - just click a button, restart and you're done. Oh, you don't, sorry. Asus mobos are quality, though. Seeing as you're purchasing a new mobo, add Asus to your list of possible choices.

Hey xenonvector927. Good to see you again. All fourteen years of you LOL. I wanted to further explain to OP that a BIOS instruction is not a system driver, but a software application that controls a chip on the MB that instructs the I/O to system hardware among other things. ASUS is a great suggestion. Their MB's include a windows based BIOS utility update tool that will install a BIOS file when downloaded to the desktop. I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Wait..yes I did. hahahaha.

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009

Well, might as well hijack some more. It's good to see you too. I hope your son is doing well. I wanted to ask someone, why do a heap of people on the forum have join dates of Tuesday January 1st, 1970?! There are some people with only 87 posts or so and apparently they joined in 1970 - which is hard to believe. Any insight into this? I was guessing that there was some kind of DDOS attack a while ago, or a server outage etc. I think the OP has gotten the info he/she needed. Any answer?

The forum has undergone major changes many times in recent years. The join dates were correct until one of the recent 'more user friendly' rotates were performed like last year. So, January 1st 1970 is about as far back as the person designing this thing could imagine. Now, some guys in France are designing the forum. Have you noticed the 'New Topics' section on the forum main page has been eliminated? That single button allowed every new post from every forum section to be displayed with one click. Who needs user friendly options like that, right? One of the Mods offered me to speak with the French guy doing all this incredibally midless redesign. I passed. Afraid he would immediately surrender and cause even more problems. Hey...ASK THE CoMMUNITY...to make a new post? How bout 'New Post'?

My son got 100% on his driver's permit written test. I thought I left my earthly body and was on Mars or something. Now I have to let him drive me around after He completes six hours of driving instruction from a very brave man with a brake on the passenger side of his car. My son is playing WOW now. Since He woke up at noon. Eleven and half hours ago! I think his girlfriend has left him and he is not fully aware. I can read into people you know. I gave my son guitar lessons once. He never picked up the guitar after the lesson. That's not a figure of speach. Never. He had detention last week. He sat in the school counselor's office for four hours. On saturday! I have a very fun and most challenging life. Most of my life was fun and also challenging, but I am only learning about these kinds of things. Thank god my daughter will start graduate school this fall. She has a brain that starts itself. Unlike my son.

My daughter will have her bachelor degree from Cal State Long beach next month. She is 21 years old. She begings graduate study in September. All set. My son will be that really big guy you notice in high school. You know, the guy who is 21 years old and a really mature type junior.

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009

Wow, I'm suprised that you have so much time to spend on this forum with all this stuff going on. I, myself, am pathetic at time management. Here in Australia, we are on a two week break, and I have this big History essay to complete, and I have barely started it. I feel really guilty about posting on here instead of doing it - it's just really daunting. I didn't know you had a daughter, too! You children sound like they'll be really succesful! Lol, that's funny how there's a brake on the other side of the car - it would be fun if all cars had that feature. Although those new Volvos can brake themselves - which is pretty cool. Our Nissan Pulsar has a CD player - beat that LOL!

Procrastinator I am not. I am very punctual. Always have been. Very dependable and keep my word. If I am ever even a minute late, I feel guilty. I hate to let people down who depend on me.

History. Ah, I love history. I studied social sciences. I wanted to become a Clinical Psychologist. Ended up marrying the professor. So, history of Australia? My neighbor is from new Zealand. He has told me about his strict upbringing. I am way more intense than him. It's like talking to a little girlie man! LOL! I'm kidding. It's like He wahnts to 'get a hold of that guy and twist his nose!". Damn, I want to take a supersoaker filled with gas and stike a butane lighter to litle punk!"

Yeah, you have to have a plan to write a good paper. Like an Introduction, middle informative body and then a hell of a conclusion. Like this:

Intro
Middle informative body
Conclusion with impact. Drive the thought of paper home.

LOL. So I am interested. What do you want to be? I really wanted to a Clinical Psychologist. I am a clinical psychologist, but I have no license.

I have to think about letting my son drive my wife's mazda CX7 and my Honda Pilot. We have kept and old '95 Honda odyssey with 150K miles on it for years. Just for him. I park it at my commercial building to make it look like someone's always there. Right now, if he can graduate from high school and get his life going in a positive, constructive manner, we may buy him something hot as far as cars are concerned. I'm going to take him over to the mazda dealer and show him all the sports cars. Then say, "That could be yours if you have it in you to do well." What do you think? Wasting my time and effort?

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009

In response to your question about the cars, I have to say I'm jealous of him already that you have a car to give him. My parents draw the line at my education. Beyond that, they're not giving me any financial support when I graduate from high school. Just great. Good idea though, bribe him to do well LOL with the Mazdas. Personally, I'm not a fan of them, but I can see why they are attractive to a lot of people.
I've had the essay structure thing drilled into me for years, and I'll have you know, like I've said before, my marks are always 80% and above. What do I want to be? Obviously my passion lies in all things computers, but my parents spend an awful lot of money on my education and I don't want to let them down. Probably something in the medical profession. Have you seen this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA it's a hoot and it makes fun of people from New Zealand. My Dad hated it, because he is from New Zealand. For a couple weeks I enjoyed imitating the accent. My mother is actually studying Psychology at Uni at the moment, she's currently a Radiographer, and her back has taken a huge toll from it and she wants to be a counsellor. She's been doing a Pschology course for about 6 years now. And she also feels really guilty when she's a couple seconds late for something - absolutely hates it and gets angry when she does.
----End ramble--- Mercedes Benz all the way! Now that's something to bribe with! :D

Well, my wife is an orthodontist and my sister in law is an M.D. My wifes two nieces are also M.D.'s. I'm kind of like mud. LOL. I've spent the last 23 years working in private patient care. I'm an x-ray tech and work hands on with patients the past 20 years or so. Yeah, my daughter's degree is in psychology. She will get her master's in counseling psychology in two years. Then would come the Ph.D in clinical. That's another five years after the master's. My daughter would make a great Dr. Joyce Brothers or Dr. Ruth. My wife is already Dr. Ruth.

My son can not be bribed! He has been punished for a long while now and not been allowed to get his permit and drive. We finally had to think about it. He will be 18 next summer and will have to go to college or work or something. Something besides play WOW.

That's great, you don't want to let your parents down. That is EXACTLY how I felt growing up. My parents worked very hard for my well being. No way was I going to let them down. I was a star athlete in high school. Did I mention I was a star. LOL. My dad was very happy to buy me a 1969 Chevele SS 396 as a reward. I had a motorcycle when I was 15. I learned to drive when I was 9 and was given my first gun at that age also. Making good use of a gas filled supersoaker and a butane lighter is a thought I toil with every day! LOL.

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009

Whoah! You learnt to drive AND you were give a gun when you were 9?! That's soooo cool! Indeed, your son DOES need to do something apart from play WOW. Counter Strike, maybe? LOL. Looks like your family are really into medical work - I'm impressed. How come you have punished your son for a while? Did he commit a foul sin or something? He sounds like a nice person and you seem quite loyal to him. Have a good day! I'm working on a triplet of Willamette 180nm P4s at the moment. 0.18um? Ugh... yuck. It keeps crashing randomly and I've been in and out of the shed all day trying to fix it. Back out again, I go!