cpu + mobo for r9 390 for £800 build

danial9

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014
i have a very good computer that i build year ago with the help of this community ,now my brother wants a gaming pc as well. i want at least r9 390 for him which is around £250

now i cant decide which way to go amd or intel. i was thinking for fx 8320 or an i5 maybe.
i need to finish the whole rig with around £800 that with monitor and no windows.

Solution
As an example, the cost difference between an i5-4460 and a FX-8320 build is minimal. The AMD build requires a more expensive ATX motherboard with a very good VRM to prevent throttling plus an aftermarket cooler to cool the overclocked CPU. You can install the i5 is a less expensive motherboard, the stock cooler is fine for a non-overclocked CPU and gaming performance will be better.
As an example, the cost difference between an i5-4460 and a FX-8320 build is minimal. The AMD build requires a more expensive ATX motherboard with a very good VRM to prevent throttling plus an aftermarket cooler to cool the overclocked CPU. You can install the i5 is a less expensive motherboard, the stock cooler is fine for a non-overclocked CPU and gaming performance will be better.

Solution