Question cpu/mobo/psu showdown,need help diagnosing new build(1st)

Dec 8, 2019
Cpu finally came in the mail,last piece and had done the necessary research,prep,ect. I started on the build, very careful on plug seating,gpu/cpu install with the utmost care. treated the ram/wifi/cooler/everything all the same. and before i go even further yes i reinstalled everything,dif ram and slot,checked different cords made sure nothing out of the norm from what i gathered in the 2 years iv'e prepped for. No matter what i do with this i5 8600k/msi carbon pro/msi 1060/evga 650 gold combo i cant get rid of this cpu led ez debug/restarting every 2 sec literally issue...3x 2 sec restarts in cycle ending in a slight lag then over again. also led for gpu/ram lit and board wont recognize wifi card in furthest slot

Through a different method ive even gotten the damn thing to work and startup 100% no issue. I started on settings,opening old apps and exploring the leftover data on drives(old partitions and windows didnt recognize lol) everything is brand new,yet as soon as i tried to continue troubleshooting after my mini adventure with it fully working by restarting it for bios. It no longer worked with this method or any other. Hours flew by and I could'nt get the magic to happen,did what I probably should'nt have done and returned the cpu with the idea that if installing the new one persists,then it must be something else and only doing this because I felt if I waited I wouldnt be fit for return/warranty. This price Im willing to pay but moving forward i need to actually diagnose. Please lend a hand if youve had a similar issue,Cheers and happy holidays
View: https://youtu.be/JVhrpRMQ634

Last edited:

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Cpu finally came in the mail,last piece and had done the necessary research,prep,ect. I started on the build, very careful on plug seating,gpu/cpu install with the utmost care. treated the ram/wifi/cooler/everything all the same. and before i go even further yes i reinstalled everything,dif ram and slot,checked different cords made sure nothing out of the norm from what i gathered in the 2 years iv'e prepped for. No matter what i do with this i5 8600k/msi carbon pro/msi 1060/evga 650 gold combo i cant get rid of this cpu led ez debug/restarting every 2 sec literally issue...3x 2 sec restarts in cycle ending in a slight lag then over again. also led for gpu/ram lit and board wont recognize wifi card in furthest slot

Through a different method ive even gotten the damn thing to work and startup 100% no issue. I started on settings,opening old apps and exploring the leftover data on drives(old partitions and windows didnt recognize lol) everything is brand new,yet as soon as i tried to continue troubleshooting after my mini adventure with it fully working by restarting it for bios. It no longer worked with this method or any other. Hours flew by and I could'nt get the magic to happen,did what I probably should'nt have done and returned the cpu with the idea that if installing the new one persists,then it must be something else and only doing this because I felt if I waited I wouldnt be fit for return/warranty. This price Im willing to pay but moving forward i need to actually diagnose. Please lend a hand if youve had a similar issue,Cheers and happy holidays
What windows version and what kind of storage device are you using?

Dec 8, 2019
What windows version and what kind of storage device are you using?
the old partition is win 8 home in unknown age barracuda/brand new black caviar is empty both 1TB. I plan to wipe and upgrade to 10 pro just wanted to check if the build is sound or what probs id have right off.
Also just purchased new cpu and in luck,listed $30 less go B@H 245 no tax in my purchase.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019
the old partition is win 8 unknown age barracuda/brand new black caviar both 1TB. I plan to wipe and upgrade to 10 pro just wanted to check if the build is sound or what probs id have right off
you plan to wipe?
you need to first post all of your hardware so we can tell if there are any compatibility issues.
also you will want to do a fresh win10 install immediately
yeah just clean the old hard drive of whatever it had from the pavilion it came out of,i plan to use the new for the win10.

rosewill Stryker m
msi z370 pro carbon
msi gtx 1060 gaming x 6
2x8 c16 veng lpx sticks 3200
i5 8600k
hyper 212 evo(for now)
WD black caviar 7200 1tb
seagate barra 7200 2tb
upgrade* meant fresh install with usb already prep
evga supernova g3 650 80+ full modul
gigabyte gc-wb867d-i
asus vg248qe
win10 and corsair periph

I don't ever let it run for more than 20-30 sec at a time
also 3 case fanw led

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019
I've gotten it to start up once, after that its the same repeatedly. I've also tried for hours to diagnose, retrace steps and research, even returened the cpu and was lucky enough to get it cheaper but psu and mobo are past return and hope to repair or change out psu fo higher if i was dumb enough to still get too small. lmk if you have any advice would very much appreciate any at all. i5-8600k/msi 1060 gaming x 6gb/msi z370 carbon pro/evga g3 650w
wd 1tb(new) and barra 2tb(old partit w win 8)/2x8 c16 3200 ddr4
hyper212 evo w/ 3 case fans

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019
Try taking the board outside the case, leave only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. Start the board by shorting the 2 power pins on board and see if the CPU fan does spin.
[/
Try taking the board outside the case, leave only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. Start the board by shorting the 2 power pins on board and see if the CPU fan does spin.
the fans spin in sync just at a very low speed. tried with it unplugged each individually at a time with the board out just cpu,gpu,ram and sometimes with cooler installed to see if it affected randomly,also did the same with each ram stick and HD. when started up that one time everything seemed sound.