[SOLVED] CPU monitoring

Sep 12, 2021
Hi All, Sudip here from India., I am new here have very little knowledge on PC. I have a desktop (rog strix x570-e Gaming MOBO, Ryzen 5 5600x, gigabyte gtx 1660 super, g skill trident rgb 8gbX2 Ram, antec 650 bronze PSU and kraken x53 cooler.)
I have undervolted the cpu in BIOS via PBO and curve optimizer with value negative 25 and since then the cpu seems to be cooler (idle 36-37 degree, stress test 66 degree max with constant 4.6 ghz+ clock) , have run OCCT with extreme settings for 15 minutes and it did well.
now my issue is I have used 4 different monitoring tool HWmonitor, ryzen master and NZXT cam and windows task manager, all of them are showing different clock frequency in idle time, I am not able to understand which one to consider as accurate, cpu temp is more or less same every where. can anyone please help me here to understand if there is anything wrong with the system and what can I do to fix it? I want to share an image but cant, let me know how can I do that...you can also check the same in this link:

View: https://imgur.com/ucXayXx

Solution
Hi All, Sudip here from India., I am new here have very little knowledge on PC. I have a desktop (rog strix x570-e Gaming MOBO, Ryzen 5 5600x, gigabyte gtx 1660 super, g skill trident rgb 8gbX2 Ram, antec 650 bronze PSU and kraken x53 cooler.)
I have undervolted the cpu in BIOS via PBO and curve optimizer with value negative 25 and since then the cpu seems to be cooler (idle 36-37 degree, stress test 66 degree max with constant 4.6 ghz+ clock) , have run OCCT with extreme settings for 15 minutes and it did well.
now my issue is I have used 4 different monitoring tool HWmonitor, ryzen master and NZXT cam and windows task manager, all of them are showing different clock frequency in idle time, I am not able to understand which one to...
now my issue is I have used 4 different monitoring tool HWmonitor, ryzen master and NZXT cam and windows task manager, all of them are showing different clock frequency in idle time, I am not able to understand which one to consider as accurate, cpu temp is more or less same every where. can anyone please help me here to understand if there is anything wrong with the system and what can I do to fix it? I want to share an image but cant, let me know how can I do that...you can also check the same in this link:

View: https://imgur.com/ucXayXx
Ryzen Master in Basic view shows effective frequency, that means as if CPU was single core. That's because Ryzen has own method of leveling load among cores, if one approaches max level, voltage and temps, it shifts some load to least loaded cores. At true idle 1% load or less, some cores should go to sleep mode, basically shut down.
Temperature is show for hottest core in that moment when measured.
In Advance mode you can see each core frequency but temperature is shown same way as in Basic mode.
HW info64 is also accurate with Ryzen, CPUID not so much.
Task manager can also be wrong, showing highest core load.
Resource monitor from Task manager>Performance also shows frequency of each core.
PS.
Do not use any of those programs together as they can influence each other sharing same sensors.
Also..... 5000 series Ryzen are allowed much higher temps than previous Ryzen, it can approach even 90c without lowering boost frequency. In older Ryzen it was about 70c.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdmalakar
Solution
Sep 12, 2021
Ryzen Master in Basic view shows effective frequency, that means as if CPU was single core. That's because Ryzen has own method of leveling load among cores, if one approaches max level, voltage and temps, it shifts some load to least loaded cores. At true idle 1% load or less, some cores should go to sleep mode, basically shut down.
Temperature is show for hottest core in that moment when measured.
In Advance mode you can see each core frequency but temperature is shown same way as in Basic mode.
HW info64 is also accurate with Ryzen, CPUID not so much.
Task manager can also be wrong, showing highest core load.
Resource monitor from Task manager>Performance also shows frequency of each core.
PS.
Do not use any of those programs together as they can influence each other sharing same sensors.
Also..... 5000 series Ryzen are allowed much higher temps than previous Ryzen, it can approach even 90c without lowering boost frequency. In older Ryzen it was about 70c.
Thank you for your time...So in this case can we conclude that nzxt cam and task manager can be ignored and ryzen master is the most accurate one?