Question CPU/Motherboard/PSU/RAM on $300 Budget?

May 28, 2020
I recently tried to upgrade an old PC by buying a new GPU and an SSD card. I wasn't aware at the time that old parts don't play well with new parts. So now I need a CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and a PSU. (or so i've been told from a previous forum) So once again I'm asking for some assistance in finding parts. I currently have a Geforce RTX 2060 KO Ultra GPU, and 500GB SSD and my case with fans. My budget is 300$, can this be done? The only thing I'm interested in doing on my computer is school work, and games no more demanding than Call of Duty Warzone.

Here's a link to my previous forum where i was told my old parts are obsolete. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/please-help-100-cpu-25-gpu-usage.3611533/

Thanks for the time.

Last edited:

stefanos50

Commendable
I recently tried to upgrade an old PC by buying a new GPU and an SSD card. I wasn't aware at the time that old parts don't play well with new parts. So now I need a CPU, Motherboard, RAM, and a PSU. (or so i've been told from a previous forum) So once again I'm asking for some assistance in finding parts. I currently have a Geforce RTX 2060 KO Ultra GPU, and 500GB SSD and my case with fans. My budget is 300$, can this be done? The only thing I'm interested in doing on my computer is school work, and games no more demanding than Call of Duty Warzone.

Here's a link to my previous forum where i was told my old parts are obsolete. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/please-help-100-cpu-25-gpu-usage.3611533/

Thanks for the time.
You can buy Ryzen 5 2600 , Gskill aegis 2x8GB 3200Mhz and Gigabyte B450M DS3 for 280$. Right now its a really bad time to buy a PSU the prices are really high. Does your current PSU give you any problem at all? If not i would keep it a bit longer until you save more money and the prices drop (if its not a good quality PSU). Because at 300$ its really hard to fit a decent quality PSU with all the other parts. You will have to take 8GB Ram and a weaker CPU and thats not great for COD MW.

With this being an old prebuilt the PSU is likely garbage and shouldn't run an RTX 2060. It must also go, so I'll be looking at a low end B450, R3 3100, 2x4 of RAM and a CX 450. This will be a HUGE upgrade from that trash CPU already.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS