[SOLVED] CPU & Motherboard temperature not showing in apps

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, today I replaced my motherboard, CPU and memory sticks and everything is working now, but when I launch apps like "Speccy" or "Open Hardware Monitor", they can't detect temperatures of CPU and motherboard, however if I go to bios, I can see their temperatures there. Another thing I need to mention - I booted system normally without installing Windows and when I booted it, it said Windows wasn't activated. Maybe it's because of old Windows and I need to reinstall it? Or what could be the reason?

Maybe it's new and Speccy and Open Hardware monitor can't see their temperatures?

Solution
I don't know, it just booted normally. My friend told me it might not boot into Windows because of chipset change. That's what I meant.
Okay, then I'll do this on a weekend.
Ah....it sounds like you booted into the old Windows.

"My friend told me it might not boot into Windows because of chipset change. "
Your friend was right.

So yes....do a clean Windows install and then check the temps.

Your current Windows install is expecting the old motherboard.

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
"I booted system normally without installing Windows "
How do you boot "normally" without Windows?

Regardless of that....you should to do a clean Windows install....as you changed the motherboard.
I don't know, it just booted normally. My friend told me it might not boot into Windows because of chipset change. That's what I meant.

Your friend was right.

Reactions: Dean0919
Solution

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017

Your friend was right.

You were right, I did clean Windows install and now Open Hardware Monitor is detecting CPU and Motherboard temps, same with core temp and other apps. The only app still can't detect temps is Speccy, but I suspect it's because this CPU is new and probably they need to update their app.