[SOLVED] Cpu-motherboard worry

Jan 22, 2022
Guys when i tried to pull the lever down after installing my i5 10400f on a gigabyte b560m ds3h v2 motherboard i heard many scratches from the cpu, motherboard pins? Also the black thing didn't pop out. I'am really scared to pull the lever down again. What should i do??

Solution
It
it says only take it off after installing the cpu. I pulled the lever down and took it off myself. I'll be back with an update tomorrow after completing my build. I think it should be just fine.
You install the processor into the socket then remove the cover then close the latch.
It even has a tab on the cover that says remove.
https://c1.neweggimages.com/ProductImageOriginal/13-145-298-V01.jpg

Put the cover back in the motherboard box just incase you need to send the board in for warranty latter.
You say you heard scratching.

I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything when install a CPU in a motherboard.

If you have done a decent inspection and see no problems, I'd try to use it.

I'm still not sure about the black cover and popping off. Normally, you would manually remove any protective covering over the socket before placing the CPU in the socket.

Jan 22, 2022
You took the black plastic cover out of the socket then put the CPU in there, right?
No! It says do not remove it, only after installing the cpu. Normally it would pop off when pulling the lever down but in my case i just took it off after installing my cpu. We'll see tomorrow after i finish my build, it should be just fine i hope.

Jan 22, 2022
It
You say you heard scratching.

I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything when install a CPU in a motherboard.

If you have done a decent inspection and see no problems, I'd try to use it.

I'm still not sure about the black cover and popping off. Normally, you would manually remove any protective covering over the socket before placing the CPU in the socket.
it says only take it off after installing the cpu. I pulled the lever down and took it off myself. I'll be back with an update tomorrow after completing my build. I think it should be just fine.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
It
You install the processor into the socket then remove the cover then close the latch.
It even has a tab on the cover that says remove.
https://c1.neweggimages.com/ProductImageOriginal/13-145-298-V01.jpg

Put the cover back in the motherboard box just incase you need to send the board in for warranty latter.

Solution