CPU, NB, GPU all overheating while gaming.

GrizzerBear

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hello all. 2 Weeks ago I ran a speedfan test on my pc and noticed my NB temp was around 60C and CPU temp was hovering around 50C at IDLE. Initially I was tipped off that something wasn't right when my cpu fan was running constantly high (around 3k rpms). Fearing a failing cpu, I simply ordered a new one. I had a AMD 6300, and upgraded to an AMD 8350.

Now before I continue, I'd like to note that I haven't overclocked and have already reseated the GPU, and Ram - Reapplied Thermal paste to the cpu (properly), and checked for all the simple fixes.

I ran a new speedfan test, and came back with the same results. NB fluctuating between 55-60C, and cpu temp came down to about 45 - 50C (at idle) STILL HOT!?

Ok ok...so I guessed wrong. My cpu was probably fine - time to replace the mobo. I had a gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3. Purchased the exact same one thinking maybe the Northbridge was just going kaput....Installed it, applied new themal paste (again), installed all the hardware (again) and fired it up. I did not need to do any bios upgrades to the pc as it came with the same version I originally had. Ran speedfan - SAME PROBLEM!!!.

OK...now I got it... It's got to be my GPU causing the system to over heat - Speedfan tells me GPU is running mid 30s (C) at idle....hmm...Well let me put my spare evga geforece gtx660 in and see what happens....*insert rebuild here* - Speedfan test STILL HOT!!.

Now I'm mad...speedfan is clearly telling lies...Let's try HWmonitor instead....same results...

I've pretty much rebuilt, or refurbished every aspect of my PC aside from the PSU(powersupply). Will switching this even help? Or am I missing something?

System Information:
Ibuypower NZXT Source 210 Blue Gaming Case
AMD R9 280x Gpu
ATX 600w switching power supply
AMD 8350 cpu w/ Wraith cooler
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 mobo
WD Blue 1T Harddrive

GrizzerBear

Prominent
May 10, 2017

Thanks for your advice. At first sight - I'd say my case fans are working normally, both intake fans in the front are drawing air in, and the rear exhaust fan is also pumping the warmer air out. However, I can't be sure if they're working sufficiently. I'm not sure what RPM they should be at, but my case ambient temperature is consistently at 37C (tmpin0 or case temperature)
I also want to note for the start up sequence for Speedfan, it says "ERROR: Fan Controller 0 can't find PWM (IT8620E@$228(onISA@$228) "

Case fans spin at a consistent RPM, as well as the GPU and PSU fans. The only fan that seems to be changing RPMS is the CPU fan (Wraith cooler)

GrizzerBear

Prominent
May 10, 2017

Yes I'm currently using Speedfan 4.52. It's the newest version I'm aware of. If that is incorrect, please link the updated version. I'd like to note that I MAY have found the reasoning behind my temperature issue. Let me investigate a bit more and I'll update you.