[SOLVED] Cpu not cooling down (90°C)

May 19, 2020
A couple of days ago I turned on my pc and I encountered an error which said "usb device over current status detected". I, then, unplugged the front panel usb connectors from the mobo and it started but I couldn't receive video signal. At that point I changed the position of the ram sticks and it started normally. After a little while I noticed that the cpu temperature where higher than normal and the liqmax ii 240 fans were going faster. Yesterday playing the cpu reached 85/90°C and so I proceeded to shut the pc down. I've noticed that only one tube was super hot. I've also noticed that when I turn the liqmax ii 240 at full speed the cpu doesn't cool down at all (sometimes it seems to get hotter). Should I change the cpu cooler? Is it a cpu/mobo problem?

Solution
A couple of days ago I turned on my pc and I encountered an error which said "usb device over current status detected". I, then, unplugged the front panel usb connectors from the mobo and it started but I couldn't receive video signal. At that point I changed the position of the ram sticks and it started normally. After a little while I noticed that the cpu temperature where higher than normal and the liqmax ii 240 fans were going faster. Yesterday playing the cpu reached 85/90°C and so I proceeded to shut the pc down. I've noticed that only one tube was super hot. I've also noticed that when I turn the liqmax ii 240 at full speed the cpu doesn't cool down at all (sometimes it seems to get hotter). Should I change the cpu cooler...
A couple of days ago I turned on my pc and I encountered an error which said "usb device over current status detected". I, then, unplugged the front panel usb connectors from the mobo and it started but I couldn't receive video signal. At that point I changed the position of the ram sticks and it started normally. After a little while I noticed that the cpu temperature where higher than normal and the liqmax ii 240 fans were going faster. Yesterday playing the cpu reached 85/90°C and so I proceeded to shut the pc down. I've noticed that only one tube was super hot. I've also noticed that when I turn the liqmax ii 240 at full speed the cpu doesn't cool down at all (sometimes it seems to get hotter). Should I change the cpu cooler? Is it a cpu/mobo problem?
Pump and it's motor are not connected directly but thru magnetic coupling so it's possible for pump not to work despite motor running. Also possible to have an air pocket r radiator or cooling body to be plugged.
If you are sure all is well mounted, you should change cooler.

Solution