• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Cpu not detected, cpu or mobo?

May 21, 2020
So, I recently was helping my cousin upgrade his system, we bought all the correct components and when I assembled it nothing posted, not even a loading screen. The motherboard is shaping a ‘CPU not detected’ light. I understand what this means and easiest idea is replacement. However, is this a faulty cpu or is it a motherboard problem, I’m unsure how to test this.

May 21, 2020
what did you upgrade? did you have to flash the BIOS before installing the CPU?
Hi so it was a big upgrade, we upgraded everything except the hard drive and PSU. The PSU is capable of running it I checked. I can’t remember the exact models because I don’t have them with me but I know they were the correct sockets and generations.

Bob125484

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
If you or your cousin bought the parts online, you should be able to access the parts list from the account. Without the full spec of each item (mobo, CPU, GPU, memory, etc..), it is hard to figure out what is wrong.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS