CPU not detected or fails - Red CPU Led Lit on Motherboard

Nov 15, 2018
Hi,

My motherboard is new & has no bend pins at all so that's fine, everything works inside the pc, gpu, fans, cooler, etc.

But i have no display on my monitor, also my keyboard and mouse don't lit up because a red cpu led is lit on my motherboard. every cable is perfect inserted inside.

The problem is sometimes i have display sometimes no.

Do i have a faulty CPU? i have it for about 2 years now.

SPECS:

MSI Z270 GAMING M3
GTX 1070
16GB DDR4
I7 6700 [NON K]
Corsair VS 550W

Nov 15, 2018
Yes, i checked and re-arranged the cpu and heatsink. As for my memory, i only have 1x 16gb ddr4. To be more exact this is the memory i've got.

Kingston 16GB, DDR4, 2133MHz, CL15, 1.2V

Nov 15, 2018
Sorry, could you be more specific please? :D

Also, i had my pc with my old board running for 2 years until last month and it worked perfectly then suddenly this happened. It gotta be the CPU maybe something is wrong with it..?

Nov 15, 2018
ram is allright, on my new mobo there is a dimm led which is lit meaning that is installed and fine, i was curios what means that led but in the mobo's manual says that is installed. Even if i were to do a test i can't i have no display, my pc works and everything works except monitor which i get no display, but it's because of the cpu led which is lit on my mobo, which means: not detected or fails

Nov 15, 2018
Could you be so kind and tell me:

If i take up the GPU as you said and plug the monitor directorly to my motherboard via HDMI and i get display, what component is the problem and should be replaced?

Because i already know that if i don't get display even if i do what you mentioned then is a defective CPU as you said.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
if the onboard work then gpu need to be check but if there is no video even with onboard could be cpu and you have new board also did you check if that board use a 4 or 8 pins on the atx with the 24 pins and the cpu fan is well plug in if this all ok then cpu is to be look after ,

Nov 15, 2018
I took off gpu and now i have display with only my motherboard into monitor plugged, but i need to test it further, because i had display with gpu plugged too, and sometimes wasn't working, sometimes was working, it has 8 pins for CPU where you connect it to have power if that's what you mean, but motherboard definetly works, i need to see if cpu will fail again like this again and then i'll know for sure that it's cpu, i'll return with an update

Nov 15, 2018
It’s allright if even with a new i7 7700 won’t work i can return it for a refund, my guess for ‘sometimes having display, sometimes not’ is that the cpu is failing

Nov 15, 2018
If it is, it’s super weird then, i mean being defective exactly the same way as the last one was, it kinda makes you paranoic, what is more strange is, if the old one was indeed defective idk how it got to i build this pc 2 years ago and from that moment until last month it was never opened to re-assamble to components and so on :)

Nov 15, 2018
That would be the second thing that i'm gonna do, testing the PSU, but first i'll change the CPU to see how it works, because on the old board was lit the cpu_led, on my new board is again lit the cpu_led, that means my old board still works, but the CPU is fried, i forgot to mention i got some power outs during the thunderstorms on my old motherboard with my current CPU so maybe that's why it;s acting like this. but nevertheless i'll try with another PSU if it's gonna be the same with the new CPU, still waiting to recieve it. I'll update if i'll manage to solve this :)