[SOLVED] CPU only hitting 92%

Nov 27, 2019
Hi, i have ever since i built my pc, had a problem where my CPU would only hit 92 - 93% utilization and clock speeds at 2.73GHZ. It really bothers me, and my cpu is underperforming in games, Even running a CPU burner makes it cap out at 92 - 93%. I'm getting really annoyed. And i know for a fact it aint the mobo

Necessary Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium E5700 @ 3GHz 2 cores 2 threads
PSU: Corsair CV 450
Mobo: Acer Extensa E470
I am using a desktop

I hope CPUs is the appropriate thread.
Any help is apreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Apart from having to swap out to a new platform, you don't have much to do while on a Core 2 Duo. In all honesty I read through your other threads and quite frankly that platform should be retired.

Lutfij

Titan
Apart from having to swap out to a new platform, you don't have much to do while on a Core 2 Duo. In all honesty I read through your other threads and quite frankly that platform should be retired.

Nov 27, 2019
Ehh, I guess i'll wait till next month for my upgrade. So i'll have to play on an underperforming pc for a little bit. But i still got my XBOX. So yeh, thanks

gordonmousedeer

Prominent
Jan 14, 2019
It means that the CPU is struggling to run games with its integrated graphics processing unit (since this computer has no discrete graphics card). I can think of two ways to make it better.

(1) Upgrade the CPU to a compatible quad-core CPU such as the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (4 cores, 4 threads), slot in as much RAM as possible (8 GB should be the minimum but older games should still run with 4 GB of RAM), and put in a discrete graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 600-series or better for Call of Duty: Warzone). This is cheaper but things may get lost if they shipped in from other countries and most of the parts are probably used parts with little to no warranty.

(2) Upgrade almost every part of the system with new parts (except the graphics card). I recently built a gaming PC for my friend with the following specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G (CPU, comes with Wraith Stealth CPU cooler)
ZOTAC (GeForce) GTX 650 Destroyer TSI (graphics card)
Apacer 8 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (RAM)
MSI A320M-A PRO MAX (mainboard)
Abkoncore Xtreme MX (computer case/chassis)
AVF APS R500 500 W 80 Plus (power supply unit)
Adata SU650 120 GB (solid-state drive)

It runs the following games at 1080p:

War Thunder => 69 fps to 77 fps on average (low settings)
Team Fortress 2 => 60-95 fps

The graphics card and CPU stays cool at around 50-70 degrees Celsius maybe because the case has a big mesh front panel (i.e. many small holes at the front). However, I dislike the case for being small and cramped on the inside.

If you chose this option, you can keep the Corsair power supply unit (PSU) but you may want to check if the other parts can fit in the case. If not then you may have to buy a new case.

ASK THE COMMUNITY