CPU only swap cause Win10 to boot slowly

wilfy50

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
I have recently updated my CPU from i5 6600k to i7 7700k (because I can) in a z170x G7, after updating the bios to F20. This all went fine. The issue is that windows 10 now takes several seconds to boot up, where as it used to be fairly instantaneous?

The only change was the removal of 2 old HD and a new SDD added to the system. There is currently no overclock like there was with the i5. Are there any specific i5 settings in the bios that might be causing this problem? The new CPU does seem to have registered properly with windows too.

wilfy50

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017

Yep, considering it was just the cpu, and no mob swap, I saw no reason. I understand reinstalling if I changed the mobo because of all of the drivers involved, but surely the cpu is little more than some registry entries? As mentioned the cpu is registered in pc properties correctly.

wilfy50

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017

Thanks, I probably will contact gigabyte, however the bios update was done a week prior to the cpu change and performance if anything went up. So this degradation seems only down to the cpu swap.