Cpu or Psu failure?

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Dang, I think my computer died. I'm not to sure if it's the psu or something else, my system would boot fine and then 10-15 seconds in, it turns off (by off I mean all fans, HDD's and GPU), but I still have the Leds on like the Debug code that shows me error code 55 but I think it's the psu as after it turns off by itself it keeps trying to turn it on, and it ends in a never ending boot loop cycle of turns on and offs. It might also be the board or something of that nature, does anyone have adivce?

Any help would be appriciated, I'm typing really fast so don't judge my spelling.

CPU's rarely fail or die. About the only way to really kill a CPU is to physically break it or fry it with to much heat and voltages. I would check the RAM and PSU.

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

I hope, I'm checking on board graphics and see if that's the issue. I hope not, as k series don't have warranty.

http://www.squidoo.com/failed-cpu-burn-out

This article made me think it might be the cpu.

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Ok, I checked the ram thing and it worked for a little while, than it frozed and it keeps giving never ending cycles of off and ons. I'm guessing is the PSU? but if it's the psu, why did it worked when I took off one stick?

PSU probably on it's last legs, then, the very slight reduction in load enabled it to work briefly...Would it stay on long enough to download Speccy to check your voltages? Esp +12v, +5V and +3,3V.
http://download.cnet.com/Speccy/3000-2094_4-75181811.html
Meanwhile reduce the load on the PSU as much as you can by disconnecting extra HDDS, external USB devices etc., might run a bit longer to check it out...
Also post your full specs, it will always assist others in diagnosing faults...

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Well it turned out to be the ram, however I do I appreciate the software tool you have given me. It's crazy how bad ram can make your system endlessly reboot.