Cpu or Psu Possible Overheat Problem

George_Revolted

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2016
I recently upgraded my PC with a new graphics card, ssd, case and motherboard.
I installed the psu on the bottom with the fan facing down, because the case has a relevant opening. The two front fans are intake and the back is exhaust so is blowing out of the case.

Everything was fine until I run my first game (Star Wars Battlefront). I was playing without a problem when my PC shut down unexpectedly. I had this problem with every game.

I checked the CPU temp and it was really high (50-60 Celcius Idle and 78 and rising when gaming) so I disabled the Q-fan Control from the BIOS. My CPU fan is running full-speed.
I also installed new thermal paste.

As you can image I'm still facing random shut downs and the PC will not start afterwards, unless I let it cool-down.

Is there a compatibility issue with the motherboard and CPU?
Is my PSU not powerful enough?
Should I install my PSU facing up?

Please help!

SPECS:
CPU: AMD FX-8370 4.0GHZ 8-CORE BOX
GPU: ASUS STRIX RADEON R9 380 4GB
GPU FAN: ARCTIC COOLING ALPINE 64 PRO
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
PSU: COOLERMASTER G750M GM SERIES 750W MODULAR 80+ BRONZE
RAM: KINGSTON 16GB (4X4GB) DDR3 1333MHZ
CASE: SHARKOON T9
SSD: AMD RADEON R7 240GB 2.5'' SATA3
HDD: SEAGATE 1.5TB BARRACUDA 7200.14 SATA3
DVD: LG GH24NSD1 INTERNAL SUPER MULTI DVD RECORDER BULK

Solution
Well, the PC shutting down is a good thing. The idle and under load temps are quite big and that is why is shutting down.You can thank your motherboard for that.Your problem is your CPU fan. It's not much better than AMD's stock CPU cooler.
Well, the PC shutting down is a good thing. The idle and under load temps are quite big and that is why is shutting down.You can thank your motherboard for that.Your problem is your CPU fan. It's not much better than AMD's stock CPU cooler.

Solution

George_Revolted

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2016

I have just run a cpu stress test and when the cpu reached 93 celcius it shut down. Thank you for your answer.
Could you suggest another CPU cooler?

George_Revolted

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2016

It doesn't support AM3+ CPUs so I'm gonna search for something like that.

Thank you again my friend.