[SOLVED] CPU or set up

O8mcmuffin

Commendable
Jul 28, 2020
Ok so I have an Asus motherboard M4A78LT-M that supports Athlom II, Phenom II and Sempron. I recently added a GTX 1650 super graphics card but my CPU is bottlenecking. I was able to find a few on new egg but am iffy about purchasing since I can’t really tell if it’s in decent condition. My question Is there any other reliable sellers or should I just get a new set up. Any advice helps, thanks in advance.

Solution
There is no CPU you can possibly buy for the AM3 socket that will be able to keep up with a GTX1650S, you need to upgrade your CPU+MoBo+RAM to either Ryzen 1600+ on AMD's side or 8400+ series on Intel's side.

O8mcmuffin

Commendable
Jul 28, 2020
Ok, what about the storage drives can I just transfer them over or is there other steps for them to work. My main concern is windows 10, everything else can be redownloded.

InvalidError

Titan
If you have an OEM Windows license, you will need a new one. You will also likely need to re-install Windows since it often has issues handling platform swaps and fixing those usually means a re-install anyway. Storage (data only) drives should be fine to just move over once the OS is installed. Most software writes heaps of registry keys during installation and will require re-install too.