CPU OVER Heat

Jun 11, 2018
I have the AMD FX 4100 QUAD CORE 3.6GHZ. I just OCed it to 3.8.
1) Can u explain to me what Northbridge is? Where should i set it to for 3.8ghz overclock?
2)Speccy flags its temperature at 60-65 celcius as red.(this is a note)
3)When i play PUBG , thats where it get to 60-70(max) celcius. My question is : Does CPU overheat even affect FPS? Will my fps be better and more stable if lets say my cpu was at 40 celcius?

1. North bridge is a part of chipset handling most of I/O between CPU, RAM and some other parts. You don't hav e to change anything on it.
2. Use AMD Overdrive for best temperature readings: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4645-amd-overdrive.html
3. Yes, overheating can cause FPS drop because CPU slows down as a protection from terminal overheating. Throttling limit is ~62c for that processor and lower than that will not produce any better results.

Jun 11, 2018
Something else. Whats a normal GPU temperature, coz on speccy, when it reaches like 60 celcius its not red or something, it reads as normal. Plus, is there any kind of cooler for the whole PC or should i just have the A/C on 24/7??Since its summer, my CPU always encounters such temperatures.

with gpu they wont show red till 80c. there made to run hot. on your rig if your using the standard cpu heat sink it too small to handle the heat load of an overclocked cpu. look at larger air coolers like 212 evo to keep your temps down. the only other thing you can do is add fans to keep air moving over the cpu and gpu if your case has room for extra fans.