CPU over heating causing Windows 7 to blue screen

David Henry

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
Ok I have been receiving a BSOD with windows 7 for over a month anytime I game. I narrowed it down to a overheating problem. It is not running overclocked. I removed the fan and heatsink and reapplied thermal compound and for 3 days it has been running smooth no problems until today it started doing it again. What am i doing wrong?

If it temp issue run hardware monitor to see if it the CPU or gpu. I would run memtest and see if it fails. If not I would try running with one stick of ram if you have two to see if it the ram. If it not the ram look into power supply issue not holding or giving the pc clean power under load.

David Henry

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
I'm running a AMD APU A8-3850 with 8 gigs of ram using stock fan/heatsink cpu fan is running at 3500 RPMs. the temps are between 50F and 70F but when I play like Battlefield 3 it jumps way over 100F

David Henry

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
Well this time I only had enough for the dime size not enough to put the dots so thats all thats on it.. Like I was saying it ran great for 3 days with no problems after i cleaned off the old stuff and reapplied the new. Now tonight its doing it again.

ihog

Distinguished
The dime size glob is too big as it is.

application_1.jpg

I wouldn't put anymore than what's in that picture.